Captive

Going to take care of Keigo was something I'd dreaded all day. Kurogiri had been making sure he got meals, but it was my job to keep up on his Quirk suppressant doses. The one way window allowed me to watch as Keigo sat on his bed, staring at the ground. No matter the pain I felt, I had to play my role in this game. If I wavered I had no right to be Tomura's right hand.

Walking into the holding room felt like walking into a funeral. "Kiego." I called out softly.

His head lifted from his hands. His eyes went from the syringe in my hand to my own. I could tell he was planning to make a move, so I took the liberty of freezing him from the neck down. My focus went to his arm as I approached him, looking at his face hurt far too much. 

"You were hurt yesterday." He muttered defeatedly. Sliding the needle in his arm, I remained silent. "I don't know what's more fucked up about this situation, the fact that you're hurt or the fact that I feel guilty for hurting you."

As I emptied the contents of the syringe in his arm I tried to block him out. "You know I'm allowing you to talk, yet you choose to twist the knife that you stabbed into my back." Meeting his eyes, I let the stone cold facade slip away to show my pain. 

His eyes shimmered slightly as he looked over my face. "You really did consider me a friend." His voice now held extreme guilt. "I've never had a friend." He averted his gaze as a tear fell from the corner of his eye. "You know, I considered you a friend too." Pausing, he took a deep breath. "Why do you hate heroes so much?"

Sitting by him, I returned his control. "I don't hate heroes, just those who call themselves heroes while they go home and do horrible things to innocent people." Sitting back against the wall, I looked up at the concrete ceiling. "Take Enji Todoroki for example, he is the number one hero, yet he abused his wife and kids. Then, you have Tsunagu Hakamada who has multiple evidence backed cases of sexual assault within his agency. Yu Takeyama killed a child while driving drunk and it never made the news. Rumi Usagiyama helps traffic illegal substances and often offers them to young children with the promise that they'll become heroes too, but no action has been taken to stop her due to her feigning ignorance." A heavy sigh left me. "I have boxes of records that I keep up to date on heroes and their side kicks. If the general public knew they'd lose all faith in their beloved heroes." 

Keigo looked at me with a blank expression. "What did you find on me?"

My eyes met his with tears. "I had to dig so deep to find your records, but all I found was abuse and horror. There were documents saying that your parents had beaten you terribly. The most sickening thing I found was the videos from the hero commission. They trained you to be an assassin. Shelby was such a gorgeous girl." That name brought tears to his eyes. "To force a child to raise a kitten for 5 years, just to have them kill it with their bare hands is fucking disgusting. Even as I sit here with you as my enemy I can't help wanting to kill those old shits for putting you through that. When you were finally allowed to live your own life they kept that leash on you." Standing, I wiped away my tears. "I'll be back... I need to go for a walk." 

~~~~~~~~

The cool night air felt amazing on my skin. Before too long fall would arrive. Just a block ahead was the place I called home with Tomura. Blue light shined from a small gap between the curtain and the wall. Apparently Dabi and Tomura could agree on one thing, lighting color. A hand rested on my shoulder, digging its finger tips into my pressure points. Usually I would respond with a violent attack, but a familiar meow and the click of a gun stopped me. 

"If you try to escape fluffy here will be painting the street a gorgeous crimson." That voice made my stomach turn.

The hand on my shoulder turned me to face the one who held the gun to the gorgeous white kitten I referred to as Shi. "Hello, Matt."

He smirked playfully, his green eyes reminded me of his brother's. "Let's skip the chit chat." He said, shifting his weight. "You are going to come with us or I'll blow this precious little fluff ball's brains out." He'd brought 4 other men with him. Even if I tried to use my quirk I put both myself and Shi in danger.

"Let me take this to my house." I replied, holding up my bag slightly. "I'll need about 5 minutes to convince my friends that I need to go back out. If I can do that there shouldn't be an ounce of resistance."

"Make it 1 minute." He countered.

"2, if it seems too rushed they'll likely suspect something is up." I tried to bargain.

"Fine, 2 minutes. A second over and..." He pressed the barrel to Shi's head as she looked at me with trust in her eyes.

Nodding, I turned toward the house slowly. We walked up together as my heart raced. I'd suspected Mack's disappearance would bring out Matt, but I hadn't suspected him to single me out so fast. They allowed me to walk up to the door by myself. Slipping in, I faced the two men I'd left at home. Tomura immediately knew something was horribly wrong.

"I only have two minutes." I started. "They have Shi and are threatening to kill her. We all know I wouldn't be able to handle that. Dabi, in the desk drawer labeled finished projects is box with syringes, run and grab one." Dabi hesitated for a second, but bolted to the bedroom. "Tomura, the syringe will have a nano gps. It runs off of the same program as the rest of our equipment. You will have to come find me and break me out of the place they are taking me. If I fight them I will die. I've never been to their base, so I'll need you to set the gps to track and watch their route." He started to say something but I cut him off. "I love you more than anything in this world, Tomura. Don't try to follow or they will kill me." 

Dabi returned with one of the correct syringes. I pulled down the front of my shorts slightly and plunged the needle into my side where they wouldn't see the small needle mark. Throwing the syringe to the side, I hugged Dabi close.

"Please help him keep his shit together, Dabi." Tears formed in my eyes. "I love you."

Dabi's arms embraced me tightly. Before he could completely pull away Tomura had already pulled me to him. My tears soaked the shoulder of his shirt. 

"I'll find you as soon as I can, princess." Tomura whispered softly. "I promise."

"The bags are for Keigo." I whispered. "See that he gets them before you leave."

"I'll take them over when we are clear." Dabi informed me.

Tomura crashed his lips into mine. We kissed for a few seconds before the anxiety of going over my time limit took over. As I forced myself from his arms I pushed him back. Quickly, I went out of the door, leaving my world behind. My feet felt like tungsten weights as I walked down the porch steps. When I looked into Matt's eyes a sharp pain went through the back of my head. Then it all went black.