What A Headache

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

My eyes peeled open and I lifted my face from my pillow.

!!!!10 NEW HITS!!!!

My head was throbbing. A migraine had found it's way into my brain. My thumb navigated my phone screen to my contacts. My new photo of Tomura made me smile softly. I tapped the call button and got out of bed. It rang for a moment before there was an answer.

"Hello?" His sleepy voice was to die for.

"Hey, hun." I responded. My voice was rough and scratchy. "You might wanna have Kurogiri send you over to my room. You're gonna wanna see this."

"Is everything ok?" He asked with worry.

"Got some new hits." I replied, wrapping the soft throw from the foot of my bed around my shoulders.

"You sound like crap." He pointed out.

"It's just a migraine, Tomura." I grumbled. "I'll be fine."

"I'll be there in a minute." He replied before hanging up.

The night before I'd learned that Tomura could be a bit rude and grouchy, so for him to respond as if he wasn't listening seemed about right. There were so many sides to him that I'd get to see and I couldn't wait to delve deeper.

~~~~~~~~

"Yuki." Tomura shook me gently.

My eyes cracked open slightly to see my LEDs had been set to blue. Jim was knocked out in my lap. Something smelled amazing.

"I got you breakfast from the café nearby." He said softly.

"Thank you." I muttered with a smile.

"Kurogiri said bananas and green tea should help." He sat in his new chair I'd bought the previous night.

On my desk sat banana French toast rolls and green tea boba tea. My head felt like it would burst at the sight of my monitor.  The bright light made my head throb. I picked up a roll and opened the notifications.

"It seems a bunch of hero agencies are working to track down Overhaul." I started to explain in a low voice. "Looks like most of them are coming up empty handed."

"When they find him we'll have our chance to attack." Tomura kept his voice low.

"Yeah, there are so many heroes coming together that I have no doubt he'll lose this fight." I mumbled. "It'd be best to wait for them to do their job and get him on the way to whatever hole they plan to put him in. I did a little math while I was waiting and there will likely be some small shit heroes escorting him."

"So, it would be smart for the party to wait for an opening." He concluded.

"Mhm." I replied, taking a bite of my roll.

The sweet cream filling made my stomach rumble with hunger. Tomura gently brushed the back of his index finger across my arm. He fixed my blanket for me with a soft expression.

Dabi had once told me that Tomura was a spoiled child trapped in a man's body. Though it took some prying Kurogiri had said something to the same affect. Perhaps I hadn't seen it yet, but he treated me so delicately. It had only been a couple of days but Dabi said the first time he'd met Tomura he was an ass. Yeah, we'd had a couple of spats, but I saw it as nothing more than us figuring one another out.

"I need to put my other two computers together." I groaned.

He looked at me with disappointment. "No, you need to take it easy." He replied. "You can't go into a mission with low HP. I'll need you focused, not slumped in a chair half paying attention."

Jim sensed my annoyance and hopped out of my lap. Putting my feet up on the seat of the chair, I pulled my knees to my chest. Tomura wheeled me to the side, moving his chair in front of my computer. He opened up one of my games before moving my breakfast in front of me.

I ate breakfast while watching him clear dungeons. Something about the situation felt natural, like this was how things were meant to be. I knew not to let myself get too invested in our relationship. We barely knew one another, but every time I looked at him I didn't see a villain. I saw a man with a broken heart and a whole lot of love to give.

His messy pale blue hair looked so soft. My hand reached up slowly to run my fingers through it. Yes, it indeed was soft. Tomura glanced back at me with a look of curiosity. A smile grew faintly on my lips as I sat returning his gaze.

"It's soft." I whispered.

Giving me a closed eyed smile, he returned to his game. With his pinky raised he pulled my chair against his. A man who admired the idea of destruction was being awfully careful when it came to me or my things.

~~~~~~~~

A scrawny finger ran across my cheek. My eyes fluttered open, letting me admire the tired man beside me. The way his eyes locked on me made my heart flutter lightly.

"You need to eat and go to bed." Tomura whispered. "I'm going to go home."

My eyes glanced at the clock. It was 4 am, he'd been by my side all day. Rubbing my eyes, I sat up and stretched. To my surprise, Jim climbed out of Tomura's lap. My head wasn't throbbing anymore, but it was still sore.

"Ok." I replied, getting up slowly.

Together, we walked to the kitchen where I grabbed a bottle of water and a granola bar. Tomura stood with his arm around me, clenching his fist. He waited for me to finish eating before giving my forehead a peck and leaving.

I stumbled back to bed, flopping down with my throw wrapped around me. My eyes closed quickly, bring near instant sleep.