Shopping Shit Show

With a week left until Endeavor's event I had to go into the city. I'd been putting it off for most of the month to spend time with Tomura, but I needed to get a dress. Luckily most places in the city had fast turn around on alterations. Most were even same day.

With my hoodie on and my earpiece in I sat up a station for Tomura. He wasn't happy about me going alone, but I honestly had no other choice. Being known as the leader of the LOV really killed any chances of him going into the city.

"There you go." I said, motioning to the monitor with the communication app open. "You can hear everything going on and I'll be able to hear you too. If I need to talk while I'm outside I'll text you."

He held my waist and kissed my forehead. "Be careful." He definitely was not ok with me going alone.

"I will be, I promise, player one." I whispered.

After giving him a gentle hug and a kiss I went out to the car. The drive to the city was relaxing. I was able to listen to music while having the comfort of Tomura's voice right in my ear.

Once I'd found a spot to park I got out and walked down towards the shop I'd found online. Yokohama was bustling with life even though night was fast approaching. As I looked down the street I saw a man pull a gun. I was preparing to look the other way when something caught my eye.

A small red flash zipped through the air, knocking away the man's gun. Hawks dropped down, pinning the gunner to the ground. Are you fucking kidding me? What was he doing in Yokohama?

The police got to the scene quickly to take the gunman. I turned and went to put my hood up, but heard a whoosh behind me. Double fuck me.

"Fancy seeing you here." Hawks said cheerfully.

"I was under the impression your agency was in Kyushu." I replied annoyed.

"What is going on?" Tomura grumbled in my ear.

"Well, after the incident in Kamino Ward us heroes have been helping patrol both Hosu and Yokohama from time to time." Hawks informed me.

Raising an eyebrow at him, I smiled. "So, it's a happy coincidence that I had to come into the city." Tomura was still grumbling in my ear. "Could you give me a moment? I was supposed to check in once I got here safe."

He smirked. "Go ahead. I can wait."

Me: Listen, I don't trust this bird dick. I may have to get a little unconventional, but know that I belong to you. I mean none of anything I say to him, Shiggy.

"If he lays a finger on you he'll lose it later." Tomura threatened.

"Ok." I slid my phone in my pocket. "Thank you for letting me do that."

"No problem, gorgeous." Hawks replied.

A grumble came through my ear piece.

"So, what brings you into the city?" He continued.

"Well I'm going to a big event in a week and need a dress for it." I pointed back towards the store.

Hawks checked his watch. "I should be returning home." Thank all that is evil. "But I'm sure some company would be nice." Fuck!

"Company would be wonderful." I lied with a smile.

Tomura was not happy about this. "I'm going to kill him."

Hawks offered his arm and I took it. Gross! "Would this event happen to be Endeavor's little networking event?" He asked curiously.

"It is." I answered. "I can assume you'll be there."

He smiled, overly happy to hear this. "I will be there." He opened the door to the shop. "Do you have a date?"

"I'm going to get something to drink." Tomura fumed.

"Actually, I was going to go alone." I informed him.

"Welcome to Lady Luxury!" One of the ladies greeted kindly. "What is the occasion?"

"Formal networking event." I answered.

"Oh, you must be going to that big networking event of Endeavor's!" She chirped. "My name is Nala. If you need help feel free to ask me!"

She took us to the formal section and left us alone. I knew I wanted something black, but the amount of black dresses was absolutely ridiculous. Suddenly, I was thankful to have Hawks with me.

"You don't have a date." He smirked and crossed his arms. "You could always go with me."

Shrugging, I tried to remain on task. "I don't see a reason not to."

Hawks checked around us to see an empty store. He tucked his glasses away in his pocket. "Black, formal and commonly associated with villains."

I chuckled. "Are you accusing me of being a bad girl?" I joked playfully.

"He's not wrong." Tomura remarked, letting me know he had returned.

Hawks's eyes danced over me. "I'm definitely not accusing you of being a good girl."

"Now, he's wrong." Tomura commented, causing me to blush.

Hawks chuckled as if he were the reason for my flustered state. "I am wondering how it is you got an invitation to the event."

Picking up a dress, I considered it heavily. "It's simple, I'm a support for the heroes. I track and observe villains."

"What about your friends and boyfriend?" He pried.

I raised my eyebrow. "Friends and boyfriend?"

"What?" Hawks looked at me strange. "You're not dating our friend?"

"Nope, I'm as single and innocent as they come." I lied. Holding up the dress, I smiled. "What do you think of this one? Think I'd look good in it?"

His smile returned as he looked the dress over. "I think you'd look good in anything." Leaning in, he whispered, but he was also on the same side as my mic. "Or nothing at all."

"Are you trying to find out?" I giggled.