Weak

After a shower, we picked comfy outfits from the wardrobe additions we'd gotten on our date. I was beyond happy to see Tomura in his natural state again. He was wearing the striped sweater I'd found with a pair of black sweats. I'd been dressed in a soft black hoodie and a pair of matching shorts.

Tomura took care of rewrapping my leg after our shower. Something about his actions seemed more gentle than usual. There was a possibility he was starting to show me what had been hidden within him for so long.

Once we'd settled in we had a discussion with Dabi regarding our run-in with the UA student Katsuki Bakugo. Dabi seemed hesitant to take responsibility, but I assured him that history would not repeat itself this time. We'd keep the little shit on a short leash without any real involvement.

"Can you take care of the crops for me?" I asked Tomura. "I need some star fruit."

"Where do you want me to plant them?" He asked looking over at me.

For a moment I was confused, but when I realized his confusion I chuckled. "No, I meant I need real star fruit. We don't have any room left to plant crops, hun."

In the kitchen, I decided an array of healthy snacks would be best. Tomura never really tried to eat healthy snacks, but were they readily available he may be encouraged to try them. I intended to get him into the habit of caring for himself.

Grabbing a knife from the block, I could feel my mind starting to slip away. What would have happened if the League didn't find me? The most likely possibility would have been me dying. With my reluctance to bend to Matt's will, I would have driven him to the point of killing me in mere days. Had he decided not to kill me I'd have been forced into a marriage against my will. Then there was my family, Tomura would have gone deeper into the dark recesses of his mind. There wouldn't have been a way to recover his previous self. Then, Dabi would have likely gone down a path of rage-induced self-destruction. I never would have had a chance to get close with Spinner. He'd also have to have been the one trying to help get Tomura on his feet. Toga probably-

"Yuki?" Dabi's hand rested on my shoulder.

"Is there something you need?" I tried to play it cool.

A sigh left my brother as he took the knife from me. "I was watching you from the living room. You've been staring at that cucumber for 10 minutes." There was an undertone of concern in his voice.

"Is everything ok?" Tomura asked walking in.

"Maybe you should come sit with me." Dabi turned me to face him. "Shigaraki, do you think you could take care of this for her?"

Tomura glared at Dabi, dissatisfied with the lack of answer he had received. "Or you could take care of it while I take care of her."

Dabi started guiding me to the living room, ignoring what Tomura had said. My head still felt fuzzy. Had I really been in there for that long? I thought it had only been a couple of seconds. As Dabi sat me on the couch I felt my stomach turn. Was he upset?

Dabi sat facing me with his arm up on the back of the couch. "Hey, what's going on?" His voice was gentle.

My body started to shake slightly as I tried to imagine the way to string my words together. I tried not to look scared, but something in me felt vulnerable. With a deep breath, I did my best to speak.

"What would have happened if you guys didn't find me?" I choked out.

Dabi let out what sounded like a sigh of relief. "You think we would have stopped looking for you?" He shook his head. "Even if we were looking for a corpse. Even if it meant our death, we wouldn't have stopped searching."

My walls fell, pulling me into a full breakdown. "I feel so weak." I sobbed hysterically. "I can't even fully enjoy games with Tomura." My hands covered my face as if they could hide my tears. "I want to feel strong again! I want Jim back! I want to know that my family is safe! I'm tired of hiding! I'm tired of hurting! Why can't Tomura be happy?! Why can't you be happy?! Why can't we all just be happy?!"

The loud cries that left me were ones of deep-seated pain. My world had been shaken to the point of collapsing. It felt like there was nothing I could trust. Too much uncertainty had come into my peaceful life, and now it was destroying all I had known. In mere months my old life had been thrown away, and I could never get it back. I didn't want it back either. But there was a part of me that missed the routine boredom because at least I'd known that I had nothing to worry about.

Dabi pulled me in for a tight hug. With all of my emotions having been bottled up and suddenly released I was fragile. In a way, I was a lot like a delicate flower, but all of my petals had been shaken off.

Dabi let me go as a soft cloth wiped away my tears. My swollen eyes were met with tear-filled rubies. Not only had Tomura likely heard everything, but I was certain he felt partially guilty. My life hadn't been such a mess before joining the LOV, but at the same time, I'd not had anything other than Jim to hold onto.

"It's ok." Tomura whispered.

Dabi rubbed my back in soft, slow circles. "You're allowed to feel weak with us." He assured.

Tomura carefully ran his fingers through my hair. "Let's go to bed." He spoke gently. "We've had a busy day. I'm sure sleep would help."

Nodding, I gave Dabi a quick hug. Tomura let me hold his hand as we walked to bed. When we laid down he held me to his chest while he whispered endearing words of reassurance. It was there, in Tomura's warmth, that I felt safe.