four

harlee's pov:
monday morning

"wait I need you to repeat yourself." klai said to me as I shut my locker door.

"I know I thought the same exact thing," I told her a small smile painting over my face.

klai ran her fingers through her dark brown straight hair, shaking her head in confusion. rylee walking by her side engaged in our conversation.

"please explain again because this is so out of nowhere." she added rolling her eyes playfully.

we all started to slowly tramp down the hallway; as I started to tell them the story again.

"well he texted me yesterday talking about he needs me to be his fake girlfriend, and all of this because he wants us to get back at sidney." I told the both of them laughing under my breath.

"are you actually going to do it?" klai asked, all her attention on me.

I shook my head at her, "hell no, why would I?"

she narrowed her eyes at me, painting a shocked look on her face. "why wouldn't you?"

I gave klai a look from the stupidity she had right now. "you're not serious are you?" I questioned.

"no, are you serious right now?" she asked raising her voice. "I hope you didn't forget this is javon walton."

"yeah I'm aware." I said to her rolling my eyes.

"you know how many girls are on their knees for him, or have you forgotten that too? he definitely doesn't go out of his way for females, but he did for you." she said to me scoffing.

I ignored her thinking about what she said. and she was partially right, but at the same time why would I do that?

"but klai he's just trying to use me to get back at sidney." I tried explaining to her.

"no bitch," she said jokingly. "you're getting just as much revenge as he is. he's thinking smarter not harder."

"okay klai," I said trying to end the conversation and move on from this.

"seriously harlee you need to think about it. he's not just choosing anyone to get back at her." she said one last time.

"hey if you don't want to do it, I will." rylee said entering the conversation laughing at her self.

an uncomfortable smirk plastered over my face as both klai and I stayed quiet, ignoring her.

as the three of us continued walking down the hall minding our own business I could see javon in the distance.

his head up high as he jostled through the students, his hands holding onto the straps of his backpack.

he wore a white graphic tee, black jeans, and retro air jordan fours.

I bit my lower lip without even realizing; until klai nudged me in my side.

"sorry." I mumbled looking down to the tiled flooring.

I think klai was right.

I should start thinking of it as getting back at sidney, not javon trying to use me.

———
harlee's pov:
monday afternoon

my phone buzzed unexpectedly. my eyes shot over to my nightstand gently picking it up.

-message from unknown number-

what?

I unlocked my phone, opening my message app to see who could've texted me.

unknown: never gave me your number

me: who is this??

unknown: bro
unknown: wanna

me: oh hey

a little part of me wants to keep texting him to see what will happen. it's not like the other day where he was blowing my phone up with snaps. so maybe we can just have a normal conversation.

but then again, he's a self centered high school boy. why would I enjoy talking to someone like that.

the sound of my ringtone made my heart begin to beat uncontrollably.

unknown: wyd

me: nothing

unknown: not gonna ask about ME?!

me: oh
me: wyd

unknown: waiting for you to make up your mind

me: dude let it go

unknown: I'm really not trying to bother you I just want a yes or no answer

me: well my answer is no then

unknown: harlee
unknown: let me take you out at least once just so you can get to know me
unknown: please

I exited out of javon and I's messages swiping over to klai's name.

me: klai

she responded almost immediately despite her being at work

klai: wha

me: javon wants to take me out soon
me: what do I say

klai: if you don't say yes I will murder you
klai: remember he's not just choosing someone out of the gutter

me: so say yes?

klai: gurl
klai: YES

me: OK

I went back to javon and I's messages realizing I left him on read for about four minutes.

me: ok sure.

javon: yay :,)
javon: wednesday afternoon?

me: sure

javon: yay :)

me: I'm taking a nap

javon: you look like type to sleep all day

me: alright bye

I rolled my eyes putting my phone on 'do not disturb' and facing it down on the wooden nightstand.

trying my best to shut my eyes and get some rest.

———————————————————————
another short chapter.. but the next one is long I promise. as I said it's a process before the story gets interesting just lmk if y'all are enjoying ❤️