twenty four

harlee's pov:

as I waited for his snapchat to come through this time I checked his snapscore, because it seemed like he never set his phone down.

'807, 416'

that's pretty high but not nearly as high as javon's.

case closed on which twin is the bigger player.

again, his pose nor background was any different than the time before.

I'm guessing he's sitting down somewhere.

'our dads sick'

he wrote another text.

'he's in the hospital for weeks at a time but don't tell wanna I told you'

I would've never known if jaden didn't tell me just now.

I sent another picture of my face with a small smile on it.

'I'm sorry. hope he feels better❤️'

why would javon not want to tell me about his dad?

maybe that's a reason he didn't want for me to come over.

I went back to the message app, tapping javon's contact to see if he responded.

read 8:13 p.m

--

thursday

my hands grabbed onto the straps of my backpack, while I shifted through the pile of people to get to my third period class of the day.

I brought both of my hands up to my hair to gently pull my ponytail over my shoulder.

the hallways were dull and full of kids in every space; making it very difficult to get through.

not caring to say excuse me I hit shoulders with everyone on the sides of me.

my eyes rolled out of annoyance the further I got down the hallway because of how crammed it kept becoming.

out of all the people I could've locked eyes with, my eyes caught onto javon standing at his locker.

him staring right back at me, starting to maneuver past the people in his way to get towards me.

a part of me is still a little upset that he didn't want to tell me about his dad, but at the same time it's quite obvious he bottles up everything.

I don't want to seem selfish about it, but I do wish he would have told me.

I bit the inside of my cheek becoming nervous for the conversation we were about to have.

especially since we haven't talked in person since the other night.

"hey." his voice was raspy as he stood taller than me, holding onto the straps of his bag.