thirty nine

harlee's pov:
wednesday afternoon

my hands gentley played with the buttons of the remote, the room sounding peaceful with only the sound of the television in the back.

my ears were listening in to the show in the, finding it hard to focus even though it wasn't important.

a small chuckle came from javon's mouth as it stayed closed, laughing at a joke they had said on the show.
my eyes looked down to him due to his small laugh, catching my attention.

he was laying flat on his back as his neck was propped upwards in order to see the tv. he was wearing a gray sweatshirt with a pair of black jogger sweats.

I could feel his finger tips of his right hand gently stroking across my thigh in small formations as I sat up in criss-cross position next to him.

as I was looking down at him being oblivious to the fact that my eyes were on him, I could feel my cheeks define from lightly smiling.

his tired hazel eyes were pinned on the tv as his face held a plain expression—looking exhausted. but, something about him was just getting to me. I could feel my heart strings pull just from looking at him.

my lips broke apart as I smiled widely, putting the remote down onto the night stand next to my bed.

I adjusted myself out of the position I was sitting in, letting out a couple of small laughs as I laid my body on top of him.

my hands wrapped around his waist, letting my cheek press against his toned chest as I squeezed him a bit—wanting to keep him close.

"awh." he spoke in a light voice as he wrapped one of his legs over both of mine—trapping me as both of his arms wrapped around my tightly.

I shifted my head slightly more upwards to look at him, my eyes looking up. a wide smile spread across his lips as his eyes looked down to me.

a vibration like noise went off from my night stand, causing both of our heads to turn in the direction of my phone.

I let out a sigh as if I had just lost a battle, laying my head down onto his chest as my eyes both shut—my phone ruining yet another moment.

he laughed a bit to himself, his hand gently brushing through my hair. "are you gonna get that?"

"no." I mumbled, not wanting to lose the physical contact with him.

as I rested on his chest, I could feel him grab my phone, then he stayed still as he read it.

"harls." his voice sounded stern, causing my eyes to open from the sound of his voice. "it's your mom."

I lifted my head from laying on his chest, looking directly into his eyes. I pushed myself off from being on top of him, sitting up straight keeping my legs on both sides of his torso as I took my phone from his hand.

he sat up, letting his elbows be the only thing to hold him up. "she wants you to come downstairs." he mumbled quietly, having already read it.

my eyes scanned across my lock screen, seeing a text from my mom.

mom❤️: come downstairs for a second please