sixty one

harlee's pov:
sunday night

my eyes scattered across the hospital waiting room, seeing multiple different types of people waiting. all looking so stressed, so worried.

"those girls over there." I raised my arm, pointing my finger in the direction of klai and kennedy. both of them were standing with their arms crossed as they talked to each other, not even a small budge of a smile on either of their faces.

sitting in my wheel chair, the nurse began to push me towards them. the closer I got, I could feel myself become more excited knowing that I would finally be able to talk to them.

if anything, I'm more anxious about how they're going to react to seeing me.

kennedy's eyes turned directly to me, taking a second to process what he was looking at. "harlee!" her voice sounded uplifting, yet relieved as she cut klai off mid conversation.

a weak smile spread across my lips as the nurse stopped me in front of them. "hi ken." my voice was drained causing my tone to stay low.

"I'm so happy you're okay." she chuckled lightly before bending down and giving me a light hug.

"I'm happy you guys came to see me." I spoke over her shoulder as I hugged her back. "

I could feel the nurse put her hand onto my shoulder as I let go of the hug, making me to look up at her. "do you want me to leave you here for a bit?" she asked with a kind tone.

"yes please," I nodded my head as I turned back to look at kennedy.

my eyes shifted to klai, seeing her eyebrows raise a bit as if she were trying to hold back tears.

she bent down giving me a tight hug, "when I got that message my heart literally sank harlee," I heard her say, sniffling in my ear. "glad my bitch is okay."

"yeah of course." I laughed under my breath slowly letting go from her grip.

"how is javon doing?" klai asked, painting a low smile on her face.

my heart fluttered even just from her mentioning his name, "he's good, I went to see him earlier and he was fine."

klai exhaled a large stress—filled breath, causing me to turn my head to look back up to him. "you look good." she assured gently placing a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"oh shut up." I slightly shook my head as I held a sarcastic look on my face, the three of us laughed softly in unison.

after a few moments of silence, my eyebrows furrowed as I looked at them. "has the news said anything about jase's arrest?" I asked, wanting to know if there were any updates.

because last I heard he was just getting detained.

"all they said was he was going to get questioned later on tonight," kennedy assured me, licking her lips quickly out of anxiousness.

I looked down to my hands holding onto each other in my lap as I bit onto the inside of my cheek. I could feel myself hesitating on what to say, mostly because I wasn't sure what to say in a situation like this.