twenty five

harlee's pov:
friday night; one week later

my eyes settled onto the family picture that brought back so many happy memories.

I was controlling my breath at a slow pace as I laid underneath my warm bed sheets. the energy was calm but my body filled with so much darkness.

I exhaled deeply setting the picture onto my nightstand replaying memories from years ago in my head.

growing up without a parent is hard especially when your bond was as tight as my father and I's.

the memories kept flashing into my head like a camera, painting out every memory so vividly.

it's crazy how quickly things can change.

the day my dad passed away was so unexpected and caught almost everyone off guard, and if anything it's taught me one of the biggest lessons I'll ever learn.

you have to cherish every moment and never take anything for granted.

my phone vibrated, interrupting my train of thought. causing my eyes to roll instantly.

I reached over to grab my phone from my nightstand. my eyes wandering across my phone screen.

baby: are you up harls?

me: yeah

baby: call me

before I could even respond back to his message klai's contact took over my screen, calling my phone.

"shit." I mumbled under my breath, knowing it was something to do with the conversation we had last week.

I slid the button across the screen to answer her call.

"hello," my voice softly ran through the line.

"hey harlee." she said, her voice cracking in the middle.

I instantly sat up in my bed, "what's wrong klai?" I asked concerned about why she was upset.

"remember that conversation we had the other day in the lunch room?" her soft voice asked as she sniffled trying to hold back tears.

"yeah," I slowly let the words flow from my mouth, not wanting her to feel rushed or pressured.

"so," she paused before taking a deep breath. "I was with rylee a week or two ago and she left her phone unlocked."

my head snapped upwards in a defensive manner, nervous for what she would say next.

"some messages started coming through from a groupchat but none of the numbers were saved." she sniffled again. "I tapped on it to make sure it wasn't some type of spam, but turns out it wasn't."

instantly my heart dropped to my stomach as the nerves filled throughout me.

"it's okay klai, you can tell me." I said trying to be a mental support system through the phone. "I'm listening."

"basically, it was this groupchat full of unknown numbers shit talking me, while rylee agreed." klai continued on.

my eyes widened, anger covering my expressions after hearing what she just told me.