seventeen

harlee's pov:
friday night

I focused all of my attention onto my computer screen, trying to pick up on the math lesson my teacher posted from today.

friday night, in my bedroom alone, watching a math lesson.

after not talking to javon most of the week it seems like we picked up right where we left off. nothing was awkward this morning on the ride to school.

he simply acted as if everything has been fine.

I paused the video before picking up my phone that had just gotten a notification.

the bright phone screen lit up my dimly lit room as I read the message I just got from javon.

baby: look out your window ;)

I could feel myself be slightly annoyed yet intrigued at the same time.

I waited a couple of seconds before climbing out of my bed to look out of my full sized window.

I stood on my tip toes to push the curtains out of the way, then lifting up the bottom half of my window.

as expected the freezing air from the night traveled into my room. taking me by surprise.

my eyebrows narrowed down as I looked down to see javon standing in my front yard waving his hand at me.

"oh." his voice spoke before he broke into laughter covering his mouth, "wasn't expecting you to be dressed half naked in twenty degree weather."

I wore a gray spaghetti strap tank top and plaid black shorts.

my eyes rolled at his immaturity as I grabbed the ledge of my window seal, "well it's hot in my room."

"it's ten o'clock on a friday why are you in pajamas?" he chuckled to himself again, causing my anger levels to rise from the sound of his laughs.

"maybe because I want to?" my statement sounded more like a question as I rested my hand underneath my chin.

"damn, okay harlee!" he raised his hands up in defense. "I was just saying I didn't expect you to be dressed so cute, and ready for bed on a friday night this early."

I could feel heat growing on my cheeks as I looked away scoffing under my breath. trying my absolute hardest to not smile noticeable enough for him to see.

I looked back to see the corner of his lips curved upward. "you gonna come down?" he crossed his arms, tapping at his wrist.

I tucked a piece of my dark curly hair behind my ear as I looked back down to him. "yeah just give me a minute." I told him shutting my window and closing back the curtains.

I could still see the outline of his figure as he leant his back against the hood of his car—that was parked in my driveway.

a soft smile spread across my lips without me even realizing, as I padded over to my closet.

where are we even going this time of night.