twenty eight

harlee's pov:
monday

my hand reached for a carton of milk as I slid my tray across the metal railing in the lunch line.

a shoulder lightly bumped me, causing me to jump from the unexpected presence.

"so, when were you gonna spread the word harlee?" jaden's raspy voice spoke from behind me, taking me completely off guard.

I turned over my shoulder to face him. my eyebrows furrowed, "spread the word about what?" I questioned him, not sure on what he was talking about.

slowly we walked further down the line, pushing our trays along with us.

his tongue clicked, locking eyes with me, "that you're dating my brother." the corner of his lips curved up, smirking at me.

is that what you would call it?

dating?

I didn't know if we were going to put a label on things but..

my eyes squinted as my head tilted lightly, "did he tell you that?"

his arms crossed across his chest as we came to a stop in the line, "well I would assume you two are together. especially if you're coming to meet my dad soon."

"he already told you about that?" I asked out of confusion.

his voice was mixed with a small laugh as we continued to the front of the line. "javon isn't big on dating so this is definitely a conversation we've had."

knowing that javon talked about me to his brother made me get happy on the inside. and I hated that he could effect me in this way.

I nodded slowly, looking away from him because I really had no words.

"you know this makes us friends now?" he asked, the sarcasm laced in his voice. he perked an eyebrow up keeping a small smirk on his face.

"uhm," I turned my attention to him. "and why is that?"

"I mean you are dating my twin brother." he shrugged as he picked up a bottle of water from the line. "so we kind of have to be acquaintances."

I squinted my eyes, thinking of what to say to tease him. "well in the movies you know, the guy always ends up going for his brothers girl."

he laughed and shook his head to himself, "well you do not have to worry about that."

I raised one eyebrow sharply at him, "and what makes you so sure of that?"

a large breath escaped his lips, yet again crossing his arms across his chest. he looked up to the ceiling thinking to himself as we moved slowly in the line.

"well, one I don't date." he said holding up one of his fingers. "two that's my brother." he said to me lifting a second finger. "and three, you're just annoying." he sarcastically said smiling, letting his fingers drop.

"aww, how sweet of you." I smiled a toothless smile as I rolled my eyes.

we both laughed under our breaths as I began to type in my student ID onto the monitor.

"bye jaden." I said, picking up my tray and entering into the packed school cafeteria.

I made my way into the direction of where my spot with klai usually is.

ever since everything with rylee went down I haven't seen the two of them speak one single word to each other.

and I honestly think it's for the best.

I never truly liked rylee, I just always felt as if something was off with her. but I never could—and I still can't put my finger on what it is.

sometimes you just know.

klai was sitting down, her backpack sat in the seat beside her. unfazed by the amount of body heat and noise near her; she peacefully ate chips. her attention on her phone.

my eyebrows furrowed as I set my tray down on the table, gaining her attention.

"you good?" I asked, a little concerned at her nonchalant attitude today.

"yeah, just tired." she answered, turning her phone off facing me. "I stayed up till four am finishing a project."

"what class?" I questioned, keeping my voice low as I started to eat my lunch.

"fucking, chemistry." she exhaled. stuffing her mouth with even more chips.

I furrowed my brows at her, "didn't you not have that project for a month?" I questioned, breaking out a smile.

she swallowed the air stuck in her throat, "I mean," she paused. "yeah I guess."

my eyes looked back to her, "case closed." I took another bite of my food. "has rylee tried to talk to you yet?"

she shook her head, "surprisingly, she has texted me a couple of times. trying to justify that it was not her."

"honestly klai, I hated her from the start." I truthfully told her shrugging my shoulders. "she just always had something to say."

her eyes blinked a couple of times before responding, "yeah, she's really just a bitch. I don't know why it took me so long to realize." klai finished up the last crumbs of her chips before asking. "how are things with javon?"

my heart rate picked up at just the sound of his name.

fuck.

"he asked me to meet his dad sometime this week, and I don't know if I should go." I admitted to her running a hand through my hair.

"why would you not go? if he wants you to meet his dad he must really care." she said untwisting the lid of her water bottle.

"the only reason I'm second guessing is because I've never met a boy's parents before." I let out a deep breath before breaking our eye contact.

but that wasn't the only reason.

I'm also hurt at the fact he hasn't told me about his dad being sick, and I understand if he doesn't feel like he can talk to me about that kind of thing.

but it still stings.

"I say, you meet his dad because no time to live with regrets." klai told me chewing on the inside of her cheek. "plus it would be really mean if you declined that offer."

"yeah, I think I'm gonna go." I told her pursing my lips together.

do I even want to ask javon about his dad, or should that be something he comes and tells me.

I want him to feel like he can trust me, but I really don't think he feels that way just yet.

———————————————————————————
wanna really blessed us with his new post😇😇 love you guys