seven

harlee's pov:
friday afternoon

I sat uncomfortably in klai's queen sized bed; my neck resting against her oak headboard.

klai sat at the edge of the bed, and rylee in a beanbag chair in front of the tv.

"so are we just going to ignore you and javon?" rylee questioned, picking at her thumb.

"yeah harlee, fill us in." klai said laughing before putting a handful of chips in her mouth.

"guys," I said rolling my eyes. "it's nothing serious. we're just trying to make sidney jealous."

rylee's eyebrows narrowed not buying it, "whatever you say."

"so he hasn't made any moves on you yet?" klai questioned fumbling her hand around in the bag of chips.

causing a crinkling sound to fill throughout the room.

"no he hasn't actually." I said to them; sitting up.

"I'm happy you're we're getting back at sidney don't get me wrong," klai said to me stuffing her mouth. "but I just don't want him to end up using you for other things."

"trust me I wouldn't let him." I reassured her as I rubbed my hand up and down my arm.

"shit," rylee laughed under her breath. "he's fine as hell. I would let him do whatever to me."

I leant my body back onto the headboard giving her a confused look.

"oh okay," I said as I looked at klai questionably.

"rylee, just shut up." she said in annoyed tone, rolling her eyes.

"just saying." she said throwing her hands up in defense, still giggling lightly.

"you don't always have to say though." klai said, her tone becoming more demanding.

"my b" she said slowly lowering her hands to her lap.

there was an awkward silence that filled the room as we all three avoided eye contact with each other.

"he did offer to drive me to school in the mornings, because he said he lives like five minutes from me." I said trying to cease the tension.

klai's head snapped over to me with a lightened look on her face, "that's sweet, did you say he could?"

"less gas for me, so why not?" I smiled twiddling with my fingers.

"aww that's good harls." she said in a whisper almost to where I could only hear her.

"yeah, he seems like he'd be a good friend you know?" I told her honestly.

klai started to run her hands through her pin straight hair, "that's good."

"were y'all thinking of going to the party in auburn acres tomorrow?" rylee asked looking back and forth from the both of us.

"no, I wasn't." klai told her before glancing at me.

"me either." I said narrowing my eyebrows, in a clueless manner. "I didn't even know there was a party over there this weekend."