forty three

harlee's pov:
tuesday night

my eyebrows narrowed as I walked up the long driveway, seeing jaden's car parked.

javons car nowhere in sight.

I told him I would stop by for a couple of minutes tonight just to see how they were doing, because I couldn't imagine the pain of slowly watching a parent grow sick.

usually right after school the boys would go to the hospital for a few hours to make sure their dad was okay, but it seems like they were home now.

I slowed down my walk, being confused as to why javon's car wasn't home when I just asked him if he was here.

and he said yes..

a tiny pack of nerves were swarming around my heart, but it wasn't positive. did he go pick up food, or run to the gas station?

where the hell is he?

the front porch light turned on as the front door opened, causing my head to turn in the direction of the house.

jaden was standing in the doorway—a house that was completely dark besides a couple of small lights was behind him in the doorframe.

the corner of my mouth curved upwards weakly as I continued to walk towards him.

"hey." he spoke in a softened tone, letting go of the door in order to wrap me in his one-of-a-kind hugs. something him and I both needed right now.

"hi." my voice was low, being muffled from my face being smushed against his chest. I closed my eyes, taking in the presence of a human that never fails to see the good in a room full of bad.

he slowly let go, stepping side ways into his house as he held the door open for me to walk in. "you looking for wanna?" his voice laced with a hint of confusion. "I'm not sure where he's at he just walked out the house about thirty minutes ago without saying a word."

"he just left without saying bye?" I asked out of curiosity as I walked into the house, feeling a coldness take over my body from the temperature inside.

"yeah, I was in my room and I heard the garage door closing." he told me as he shut the front door, then turning around to face me. "I peeked out my window and saw his car was gone." he shrugged his shoulders, not wanting me to worry.

I nodded my head slowly, trying to think about what the hell he could be doing and why he has to lie to me about it.

"you don't have to worry about him being with anyone, harlee." he tried to comfort me with reassuring words. "he wouldn't do that to you."

again, I nodded my head as I tried to let what he told me ease my nerves.

"do you want water or anything?" jaden's eyebrows raised as he pointed to the kitchen, walking past me and into the living room; wanting me to be comfortable in their house.

I shook my head as I followed behind him. "no thanks, I'm okay." I assured him as I sat down onto the couch, then letting out a deep breath to release stress.

slowly, I could stay to feel my heart throb as if it had stopped, worried about wanna and where he was.

I swallowed the air stuck in my throat not wanting to worry myself, and not wanting jaden to have to worry about me and javon's problems.