twenty seven

harlee's pov:
wednesday night

"harlee," javon mumbled in between each kiss. trying to break the kiss, but I ignored his attempts only pressing my lips harder against his.

"I have to get home." he took his lips away from mine as he lifted his body weight from being on top of me.

I took a deep breath as I rolled my eyes in annoyance, "why though?"

I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling his body to be on top of mine once again.

one of his hands held a grip on the arch of my back pulling us closer to each other than before.

I reached my lips towards his, pressing even harder onto his.

he lowered himself onto his elbows—not hesitating to kiss back.

I left small kisses onto the skin of his swollen lips, not wanting this moment to end.

not wanting the warmth of his touch to leave my body.

"I can't." he sighed as he pulled away from me.

he moved from on top of me taking his lower lip in between his teeth.

I narrowed my eyebrows out of frustration and confusion, "why not?"

he ventured over to the edge of my bed starting to slip his shoes on. his eyes looked up to me as he did so, "because I can't control myself, and I need to."

I felt a small grin cross my lips, "okay, so what?" I questioned him.

"so, if that went on any longer, theres no way I would've left out of here on time." he said as he started to inch closer to me. "and I have to be home in ten minutes." his eyes looked back down to his shoes.

"exactly, your house is only five minutes away." I said to him wrapping my arms around his neck, planting soft kisses against his temple.

a small laugh left his mouth, "seriously harls, I have to go somewhere with jaden and my dad tonight."

I felt my face drop but it wasn't intentional. sometimes I wish he would finally tell me about his dad.

though, I already know thanks to jaden.

but I wish it would come from him. I just want him to trust me enough to open up.

because I trust him.

"so you don't really want to leave?" I questioned, slowly removing my arms from around his neck.

a small laugh escaped his plump lips. "there's gonna be a day where you're the one who won't want me to leave." he said as if he was warning me, while lifting his eyebrow.

"yeah, I'm sure." I sarcastically chuckled, hoping to drag the conversation out more.

"harlee," javon's tone was now serious. he stood up from the bed turning to face me. "all we did was make out and you were just arching your back for me."

knowing that he wasn't wrong I could feel the heat start to spread throughout my cheeks.

reading the room, he shook his head letting a small laugh leave his mouth. he stepped over to me—cupping my face in his hands gently. I wrapped my arms around his torso letting my chin bury into his chest.

"I'll see you later." he told me as his eyes softened holding their contact with mine.

he leaned down, pressing a quick kiss onto my forehead before removing his hands from my face. causing a chill to roll down my spine.

I turned my back as I fell onto my back watching javon walk to the door, twisting the knob.

he opened the door stepping out just as my mom was coming around the corner. my eyes widened as I sat onto my elbows, watching as the two of them crossed paths.

my mom paused for a second, holding a laundry basket in her hands. a wide smile plastering across her face. "heading out already?" she asked javon.

"yes ma'am." he answered, smirking lightly while taking a deep breath.

my eyes rolled widely, grateful for the timing of this all playing out.

I couldn't imagine what would happen if my mom walked in on javon and I making out.

"well be safe out there the weather is getting pretty ugly." my mom said to him, biting her inner cheek before continuing to walk closer to my bedroom.

"I will, thank you." javon said before walking further down the hallway out of my view.

"you left your clothes in the laundry room, so I figured I'd go on and fold them for you." my mother let out a sigh, setting down the laundry basket before setting a hand on her hip.

she had on her glasses, and her coily hair was tied into a knot. I could tell by her mannerisms she was tired from the shift she had this morning at the hospital.

"I'm sorry mom, you didn't have to do that." I mentioned, crossing my legs on my bed.

"that boyfriend of yours is a real cute guy, huh?" she smirked, raising one of her brows at me.

I tried my hardest to hold in a laugh, "mom please." I said to her as I felt the heat take over my cheeks.

"I was just asking harlee," her hands flew up to her defense. "I just know you all have been hanging out a lot more than usual."

"yhup." I muttered under my breath, starting to mess with my hair that was in a braid.

"well, I'll leave you alone." she sighed removing her hand from her hip, letting it fall to her side. "I have another morning shift tomorrow then I'm done for the week."

"oh okay, so you'll be gone when I wake up?" I asked regaining the eye contact with my mom.

she nodded her head at me, puckering her lips indicating her exhaustion. "you need to clean off your nightstand, it's a mess harlee."

my eyes immediately shot over to my bed side table noticing the many empty water bottles that were left there.

my eyes also caught onto the folded up notebook paper that had an 'H' on it in javon's handwriting.

I didn't even notice he dropped it off, but the fact he takes the time out of his day to write such sweet things to me makes my heart flutter everytime.

"okay, I will mom." I told her swiftly picking up the paper and setting it on my comforter.

I've never met a guy that can make me feel this many emotions in such short periods of time. but I wouldn't trade these feelings for anything else.

—————-————————————————————
hi loves❤️! hope you all enjoyed this chapter. this book is so much fun to write and lots of chapters coming soon.