eighteen

harlee's pov:

gently I pushed the car door shut as my eyes stared at the glistening sign lights, that lit up the clear dark night.

I turned to javon in disbelief, "the ice skating rink?"

his eyes were already watching me as he locked his car. "skatings fun. plus I used to play hockey, so it's extra fun for me." he shrugged his shoulders.

I let my gaze focus on him as he turned to look at the dome building.

our conversation in the car has me somewhat hesitant to be around him right now.

I told him how I really felt.

which was I'm shocked he hadn't tried to get in my pants yet, and he didn't say another word on the way here.

he's constantly making me question what his intentions with me could be. but when I'm with him he just seems so genuine and caring.

I felt my lips curve upwards, "you ready?" I spoke with excitement laced in my voice.

his perfectly aligned teeth showed themselves as he started to walk towards the building.

then unexpectedly his hand grabbed onto my wrist, pulling me gently towards the doors with him.

as soon as we walked through the doors, my eyes landed on multiple faces that I recognized.

I felt myself tense up the further we walked, and the more faces we saw.

I turned my head to fully face javon, "is this some kind of school event?" my eyebrows narrowed, not expecting to see so many people I knew.

if this was something to do with school then javon was going to be talking to everybody here. and it's going to make me look weird for not engaging.

"no?" he spoke as if he was asking me a question.

I continued to scan around the room as we waited in line to buy a wristband. "then why are there so many people here?"

I heard him chuckle under his breath as he pulled out his wallet. "people ice skate in the winter harlee, and it's the only place people can get fucked up without getting in trouble."

a look of confusion plastered across my face, "you're not drunk are you?"

"you really think I would drive drunk?" he questioned as we moved closer to the front of the line.

I shrugged poking out my bottom lip, "it's not necessarily a stretch."

his jaw dropped as his eyes grew wide out of shock. "I wouldn't drive drunk, especially if you were in the car with me."

I could tell he wasn't drunk but it was funny to mess around with him.

"we'll see javon." I mumbled under my breath, trying my hardest not to burst out in laughter.

he let out a deep sigh placing his wallet back in his pocket, "see yourself then."

I felt my head tilt slightly, "excuse me?"