thirty two

harlee's pov:
saturday night

my fingers gently ran through with the brown strands of javon's soft hair as I laid on my side, our faces just inches apart from each other.

my body weight was propped up by my elbow as my opposite hand played with his hair, our legs laid being intertwined with one another.

he laid similar to the position I was in, as his light hazel eyes looked over to me, focusing on me as he kept his thoughts to himself.

we sat in silence, only the sound of light music playing in the background from the speaker that was on my dresser.

his breathing was deep and slow, making his chest move up and down.

as I looked at him, my mind wouldn't stop thinking of the thought that he expresses how he feels through actions.

yet, javon is known for be affectionate for girls through his actions.

so what if this was just all for show?

it couldn't be, or could it? every single thing we've been through and talked about, how could it all not be real?

me meeting his dad, could possibly mean nothing to him..

I carefully scanned over each of his facial features, trying my hardest to admire his presence.

his softened eyes watched me, blinking every few seconds as his long eyelashes copied.

his sharp eyebrows, not narrowed nor raised, defining the expression on his face.

his tinted lips, sitting still as they tempted me.

my eyes stayed on his as his hand raised slowly, grabbing onto a strand of my hair that slipped from my low ponytail, then tucking it behind me ear softly.

instead of taking his hand away from me, he placed it onto to my jaw—with his thumb softly rubbing the side of my cheek.

I watched as his tongue pushed through his lips, licking them quickly. his hand pulled my neck a little bit, nudging me so I'd get the hint to lean closer.

taking the hint, I leaned towards him, letting him have all of the control as his lips pressed into mine.

almost instantly the heat traveled down my entire body from his touch, but I could feel that my heart wasn't into it.

it just felt off, I felt off today.

there were too many things on my mind.

his lips strongly grabbed my bottom lip, kissing it hard as I kissed him back, just with less passion.

the strength he was using decreased as he slowed down a bit. and only after a couple of seconds, he pulled away letting his eyes open to meet mine.

"what's wrong harls?" his eyebrows were narrowed sharply, sounding concerned about me.

his hand ran smoothly up and down my arm.

I shook my head at him, confused on how he could tell something was off just by kissing me. "what are you talking about?"

"you're kissing differently, I can tell." he sat up from where he was laying down, fully sitting up on the bed as he looked down to me. "are you okay?" he questioned.