twenty

javon's pov:
saturday night

"I don't have everything, but I'm trying to get as much as I can to you." my breath was heavy, as I placed the envelope with two thousand dollars on the coffee table.

"how much is this?" he asked me, setting his feet up onto the table.

I broke our eye contact, nervous for how he would react to what I was about to say.

"it's two thousand." I said to him in a low voice, my eyes still avoiding his.

"thats it?" he questioned me. removing his feet from the table and sitting up straight.

I could feel his dark eyes staring me down while the silence filled the room.

"so when will you be getting me the six thousand you still owe me?" he asked, slowly bringing a full bottle of vodka to his lips.

I let out a short breath, thinking of an appropriate response. "I'm trying my hardest to get every dime to you."

"well you should've thought about that last year when you were begging me to give you pounds and pounds of blunts." he said to me bringing the bottle back up to his lips.

"yeah, I probably should have." my fingers started to fiddle with each other, while I waited patiently as possible to leave.

to be a twenty year old man, jase lives like he's a teenager with no home training.

empty bottles of alcohol scattered across his living room.

his house wrecked of marijuana and the empty dishes from his kitchen.

and not to mention, the piles of clothes in every corner.

every time I come here, I think about how bad of a position I had to be in to stay here with him for hours, and enjoy it.

"I'm going to give you until the end of march to get me the rest of the money, and after that it's all fair game wanna." he said to me pursing his thin lips together.

I looked down to my phone to see the date.

january 21st.

"you're giving me a month and a half to get you six thousand dollars?" I scoffed at his foolishness.

how could a seventeen year old even make that possible?

"you better find a way wanna, and I'm serious this time." anger laced in his voice as he stood up from the chair. "I've waited around too damn long for you."

I ignored everything he said contemplating how I would make this possible.

and there's no way that I could.

in the next couple of months I have to pay for gas, a plane ticket, and my dad's hospital bills.

how am I going to have thousands of dollars still laying around?

———

me: I made it home

harls: okay good
harls: I'm gonna go to bed