twenty three

harlee's pov:
wednesday night

"well, I think you're forgetting something." klai's eyes widened as she grew very impatient.

I knew exactly what she wanted to talk about, javon and I. and I had been trying my hardest to avoid the conversation.

"well what?" I tried playing stupid as I took another bite of my burrito.

one of klai and I's favorite things to do is get a burrito from our favorite mexican place and eat it in her car.

we try to do it at least once a month.

she gave me an, 'are you serious?', look before taking a sip of her drink.

I groaned, knowing I could no longer avoid the topic. "I just don't know what to do klai. what am I supposed to do?" I felt myself choking on my breath as I looked straight out of the window.

"try telling me what happened so I can give you a few suggestions." the sarcasm was laced in her low tone voice.

I took a deep breath, closing my eyes as I rested my elbow on the side of the door. holding my head up getting ready to explain everything to her.

"okay, so yesterday he came over and everything was good until I said I was doubting things with him. then everything just went downhill." I admitted to her, resting my other hand on my forehead.

"continue," klai softly said, resting her hand on my shoulder.

"now all of a sudden he has to do something with his dad tonight. I haven't once heard him talk about his dad." I said swallowing the air trapped in my throat.

my teeth gently bit onto my bottom lip, unsure of what she would respond with.

"I want to start off by saying that this relationship was supposed to be all for show harlee." klai said to me before she took another sip of her drink. "but, it's quite obvious you're catching feelings for him. and I think you don't want to admit it."

her hand let go of my body before she turned to face me completely, "and if you're questioning feelings for him and neither one of you have admitted how you really feel, then you're going to be doubting things." she said to me as if it were obvious.

I looked down to my hands in my lap as I pursed my lips together, "but I'm so scared to tell him, because he's javon." I said to her honestly fiddling with my fingers. "and I'm going to look a fool if he doesn't feel the same."

and the chances are... he doesn't feel the same.

"but you can't just block off how you feel about him, because that just makes everything worse." she told me with a pure voice as she rested her elbow on the center console. "that's whats making you doubt, it's not necessarily him."

"okay, but what about this thing with his dad. it's so out of no where and he has never mentioned anything about his father to me." I told her as I turned my head back to her direction.

"what if he doesn't live with his dad? he may have not known about it until today." she said to me, keeping her voice soft. but clearly getting irritated by me not understanding.