thrity one

harlee's pov:
friday night

I felt the layer of heat on my hands as I knocked gently at the door. the pit of nerves started to overtake my entire body as I waited patiently at the front door.

I don't know why I'm being so anxious about this. from what I've heard the twins dad is a sweetheart, so I shouldn't be nervous.

I looked down to my outfit trying to make sure I looked presentable before someone came to the door.

my eyes widened and my breath hitched as the front door lock clicked.

I exhaled a breath when I was face to face with javon. he wore a button down gray shirt, with khaki pants.

a laugh left his mouth as he grabbed my hand gently pulling me inside of the house. "stop looking so nervous harls, he's still in his room getting ready."

with his open hand he shut the front door, my eyes started to scan across the home taking in every detail.

I sighed with relief as javon assured me his dad wouldn't be out for another ten minutes.

he lead me into the sitting room where my nose picked up on a scent, "have you been cooking all this time?" I asked as I took a seat on the couch, javon following my exact movements.

"harlee, I do not cook." he laughed as he lifted his arm to point towards the kitchen area. "jaden has been cooking since we got home though. better him than me."

"jaden can cook?" I raised my brow in disbelief with the sentence he just told me.

he laughed again clearly finding this conversation humorous, "why do you seem so in shock?"

I shrugged widening my eyes, "I don't know, jaden just doesn't give me chef vibes."

we both chuckled under our breath but before silence could fill the room javon brought up another subject.

"you look pretty." he said to me analyzing my outfit making my eyes look down to my outfit.

I could feel my body go weak at his sweet words.

I wore a light blue short sundress with white ankle boots, nothing extravagant.

"thank you wanna." I said to him rubbing my lips against each other. "so tell me what I need to know about your dad."

he pursed his lips together as he squinted an eyebrow as if he were trying to find the right words to say. "okay, he would prefer if you call him dj and not mr. walton, he claims that makes him feel old."

I nodded my head showing him that I understood.

"oh, same thing for yes sir. he hates when people say that to him." he clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth thinking for a second. "he doesn't really like to acknowledge that he's sick, and he also loves to talk boxing and baseball."

"okay, think I got it." I smiled at him reassuringly.

"hey harlee," jaden's voice rang throughout the room taking me slightly off guard.