fourteen

| disclaimer: this is just a fan fiction no events from this book are associated w the walton twins |

javon's pov:
wednesday afternoon

my fist knocked lightly on the gatehouse door, and I could feel my body become tense. not ready for the scene about to play out.

jase appeared from behind the door a grin plastered across his face.

"wanna?" he questioned. clearly intoxicated with drugs at the moment.

"hey jase." I kept my tone, low as he opened the door allowing me to walk into his house.

almost instantly I was hit with a whiff of alcohol and marijuana. and I'm not sure if the smell was jase himself, or his house.

"I got some good shit in the back-" he started—his words slurred while his eyes were halfway closed.

"naw I'm good man." I told him going to sit on a sofa that was in the living room. "I came here for one reason."

he chuckled under his breath, sitting on the chair directly in front of the sofa. "what you clean now or sum?"

"yeah uh" I swallowed air stuck in my throat from the nervousness filled throughout my body. "been clean for six months now."

"well then it seems like your life's in ship shape." he raised his eyebrows still chuckling. "except you owe me 8 grand."

I bit my bottom lip before closing my eyes. knowing I didn't have his eight thousand dollars at the moment, but I did have a little something.

"I just got my pay so this isn't everything, but it's all I got." I told him in a calm tone, placing the money down onto the coffee table in the center of us.

"I'll get the rest to you soon." I assured him pursing my lips together, breaking our eye contact.

before taking the money he picked up a beer bottle from off the floor taking a sip. then he decided to grab balled up money I had to offer.

"like when wanna?" his voice raised, as he questioned me starting to count the bills.

I felt my breathing increase knowing how powerful jase was, and just how violent he can get.

so, I shut my eyes before telling him the honest truth. "I don't know when jay."

he squinted his eyes at me throwing the money down onto the table. "I'm losing my patience with you man. I waited for you all spring and summer and you show up with a couple of hundred dollars."

I locked eyes with him again. seeing the bloodshot red fill his sclera. "don't do this to yourself, because I know where your family is." he deepened his voice leaning back into the chair.

"please don't start jase." I asked while playing with my thumbs trying to calm my nerves.

"then get me my fucking money." he yelled, slamming his hand onto the wooden coffee table.

"I will jase but give me time, dammit." my voice raised, as I felt my nerves quickly turn into anger.

the room filled with silence for a couple of seconds before jase decided to answer me.

"javon, javon, javon." he laughed to himself in a delusional manner. "don't think I don't know about your new little girlfriend."

"ok and what about her?" I perked my eyebrow up, confused as to what harlee had to do with this.

slowly he lifted his tattoo filled hand up to his chin, rubbing it slowly. "whatever you owe me, she does too."

"you know what jase." I stood up from the chair walking back over to his door. "I'll get you your money, but don't even think about bringing my family, or my girlfriend into this."

I twisted the knob open not looking back as the door slammed behind me. once I was outside I felt like I could finally breath again.

my lungs weren't clogged up from the scent of alcohol and drugs that clouded his home.

I've got to get jase his money, and I will.

I just don't know how quickly and I really—really don't need him to bring my family into this.

harlee either.

"shit." I mumbled, grabbing ahold on my forehead in anger. "what am I gonna do?"

the second I got in my car I started the engine and got out of the neighborhood quickly as possible. because.. jase is capable of things that he really shouldn't be capable of.

which is the scary part of all of this.

as I drove down the highway my mind flooded with nerves.

how was I going to get him his money, and how am I going to give it to him quickly.

there's just no way I can.

and I sure as hell don't want my dad or jaden being pulled into this mess. my dad would kill me if he knew I owed this dude money.

and the fact he even brought up harlee made me even more angry.

"shit." I muttered one last time as I gripped my steering wheel harder than before.

what the fuck am I going to do?

————————————————————————————
it's been weeks since I have updated so sorry! but I was just having a block w this chapter didn't really know how to end it, so sorry for it being so short. but I promise next chapter will have some length. love you guys