fourty eight

harlee's pov:
1:20am

walking, I turned onto the twins street as I kept my hands inside the pockets of my jacket to keep me warm.

my heart felt like it was pounding, but I kept my breathing steady in order to calm my nerves.

I shouldn't even be having doubts that javon is out doing me wrong, but there is just something so off about this; about everything tonight.

my eyes shifted upwards to jaden trailing down the sidewalk towards me. he stood up straight as he looked at me walking towards him.

slipping his hands into the pockets of his hoodie, his body was drooped—looking tired. "you better have a good reason for this." he spoke in a raspy tone from being sleep deprived.

I turned my head in all different directions, seeing that wanna's car wasn't anywhere on the street.

without saying anything, I walked past jaden as my feet were walking directly towards the twins' house.

soon it was grass crunching under my shoes through their yard, seeing that all of the lights were out inside of their house.

my eyes landed on javon's bedroom window—it being dark from the lights being out. both of my hands covered my eyes, stress filling throughout my body.

"harlee, what's going on?" jaden's voice sounded beyond confused, not understanding what it was that I was so determined to find out.

apart of me hoped that javon came home, so I could stop my worrying on where he went.

"will you tell me what we're doing?" jaden stayed standing in the middle of their front yard, watching me.

slowly, I took my hands away from my face stepping closer towards jaden—feeling my mood start to fall.

I turned my head to look at him, letting my lips rub together as negative thoughts began to fill inside of my head, thinking only the worst.

walking towards him, I shook my head out of disappointment. "I'm sorry, I'm so stupid." my eyes looked down as I kept walking.

"harlee." his hand grabbed my arm, stopping me from walking past him, and causing me to look back up at him. "talk to me."

I shrugged my shoulders, looking back towards javon's window. "I thought that javon would be here." my eyes then looked back to jaden.

both of his eyebrows narrowed in a confused manner. "harlee what happened?" he spoke with a questioning tone.

I exhaled a deep breath as I took a step back from him, causing his hand to let go of my arm. "someone's been sending me text from an unknown number about wanna," I swallowed the air stuck inside of my throat. "and they've been threatening me." my voice lowered.

my eyes looked up to him, seeing every emotion in his face drop. his mouth was open slightly, not expecting those words to come out of my mouth. "what?" his tone was quiet.

"javon saw the messages, then just left without telling me anything." I swear I could feel my heart weaken just by saying it out loud, which caused my tone of voice to get very quiet. "he said he has something to do."