thirty three

javon's pov
sunday afternoon:

"so what you got for me this time?" jase sarcastically asked, raising a brow at me. "five hundred."

I bit my inner lip trying not to let his immaturity get to me, "actually, it's a thousand." I said to him as I threw the envelope of money onto the coffee table.

he scoffed under his breath, "still owe me five thousand wanna." he smiled, as he rubbed his forehead looking down to the stained rug. "you know I'm not really fucking with this new javon."

"what do you mean by that?" I asked crossing my arms across my chest as I sat back against the chair I was sitting in.

"this clean wanna just isn't my cup of tea." he laughed at me taking a sip of his beer. "this wanna that actually commits to a girl, and this wanna who all of a sudden cares for his dad."

on the inside I was trying my hardest to not reach over the table and punch the shit out of jase, but I also don't want him thinking he gets to me.

it's so funny that he thinks he knows every little thing about me. just because he knew me at my worst.

my fucking rock bottom.

when in reality—I've turned my whole life around in such a short amount of time.

"can you please stop brining the people I care about into this." my voice rose as I propped my head against my fist.

"oh give me a fucking break." jase said to me rolling his eyes. "not too long ago you were in here in that same chair. yapping about how much you can't stand your family. but now all of a sudden they're your everything."

"jase do you not realize I was high on god knows what at the time?" I asked him as I squinted my eyes, analyzing his drunken emotions.

sometimes I honestly worry about jase.

no job, no education, no family.

a true broken soul.

and if I could take back every moment I spent with him, I most certainly would.

it didn't benefit me one bit.

besides the fact that I now know that hanging with someone like this is not something I want for my life.

I actually want to go to school, and get a good job someday, and maybe even start a family of my own.

sitting around in some grown mans house getting high everyday is not the path to go.

"all I'm gonna say is your time is ticking javon, so you best hurry it up." he said to me pursing his thin lips together.

"look next time I'm here I'm gonna have every single dollar that I owe you. I'm already working on it." I admitted taking a deep breath. "and as soon as you're paid, I won't spend another second wasting our time."

"so I'm guessing you're gonna have all my money in the next month?" jase sassed at me, before opening up another bottle of beer. "because time is wiring down."

"yes, I am going to have your money within the next month." I said, breaking our eye contact.

a raspy chuckle escaped his lips, "well then, a deals a deal."

a deals a deal.

this is all for you.

———
harlee's pov:
sunday night

unknown: make sure wanna gets every penny he owes to me

I opened my phone to make sure I was reading this message right.

who the hell is this.

it's gotta be someone just teasing me.

I eyeballed the conversation one last time before swiping it over into the trash section of my messages.

"it's just spam messages harls." I whispered under my breath as I walked over to my desk, taking a seat.

———————————————————————————
very short chapter but I am updating wednesday😍