twenty two

harlee's pov:
tuesday

I picked up my black backpack from off of the ground as I shut the cold metal locker door with my other hand.

I exhaled my breath as I turned over my shoulder to face klai.

"you ready?" she mumbled, locking her phone and sliding it into her pocket.

"yeah I'm good." I said to her as we both turned on out heel, heading towards the cafeteria for our lunch period.

no kids were around as we walked down the silent hallways to the cafeteria.

"guess who I just so happened to be in the bathroom with the other day." klai sarcastically said to me as we entered the cafeteria.

I thought for a second before answering her, "who?"

I saw her eyes get wide before we sat down at our table, throwing our bags to the side. "sidney." she said to me pulling her phone back out of her pocket.

I felt my eyebrows narrow, as I tilted my head slightly. "did she say anything to you?"

"no, we just exchanged looks and then she walked out." klai told me pursing her lips together.

I felt a nudge on my back just as I was about to pull out my phone. I turned around raising my eyes to see javon.

he had a smooth grin plastered onto his face before he sat down next to me.

"why aren't you in class?" my words came out harshly, as I felt my eyebrows narrow.

he widened his eyes giving me an 'are you serious' look. 

trying my best to seem confused and annoyed, a small smile broke onto my lips . and a light laugh escaped as I couldn't hold it in any longer.

"that's what I thought." he jokingly said to me as he laughed softly.

he didn't even do anything and it gave me butterflies.

"seriously why are you skipping class though?" I asked him, breaking eye contact as I tried my hardest not to blush.

"do I need a reasoning for wanting to talk to my girl?" he questioned me, resting his hand on my thigh underneath the table.

I felt klai nudge my side with her elbow—as she opened up a granola bar looking down to her phone.

I bit my lower lip as I felt the heat rushing up to my cheeks.

he's never said that to me but something in the moment just made my heart race on the inside.

"but seriously, I had a sub and I asked if I could use the bathroom." he laughed removing his hand from my thigh.

my breath hitched from the sudden loss of warmth his hand was giving my leg.

"how long have you been gone?" I questioned him lowly giggling.

"only about five minutes." he honestly answered, throwing his hands up to defend himself.

there's something about every time we make eye contact that grows a pit in my stomach. and as much as I try to ignore it I just can't.