eight

harlee's pov:
saturday night

I scrunched my face up as I cringed from the front door shutting.

the cold air hit my skin causing chills to spatter through my body.

I quickly walked over to my car turning it on to get some heat going.

though I didn't want javon picking me up because of my mom, I still never told my mom I was going out.

this was the first time in 16 years I ever really did anything behind my moms back.

the neighborhood wasn't far from my own. it was a only couple of miles down.

the drive was about ten minutes and as soon as I turned into the gated neighborhood I noticed cars parked along all sides of the street.

how did klai and I not hear about this party?

the amount of cars I saw as I drove closer to the house made my stomach sink.

I had finally approached the home that was massive. it had lights on inside and windows giving you a good view of what was going on.

teens were seen scattered all around the house. and as I walked up to the front door there were even some in the front yard smoking blunts.

"hey?" a deep low tone voice questioned, grabbing onto my wrist.

every nerve in my body felt like it jumped, my breath also hitching causing my body to become stiff.

I quickly turned my head, my eyes landing on jaden who was standing tall in front of me.

he was wearing a green long sleeved t-shirt, denim jeans that fit him well, and a brown leather belt.

his lips slowly started to curve into a smile as he realized that he surprised me.

"oh my god, you scared me." I said, placing my other hand over my heart.

I looked down to his hand which was slowly letting go of my wrist.

he laughed lightly, completely letting go of my wrist, "are you looking for my brother?"

"yes I am." I nodded while rubbing both my hands together.

it was freezing tonight. it had to be somewhere around twenty degrees.

his eyes traveled to the house, my own doing the same, "he's in there somewhere."

"were you out here smoking?" I asked out of curiosity.

"fuck no, my dad would kill me." he told me chuckling. "follow me I'll show you where he is."

he started to walk towards the front door leaving me a few steps behind him. but I caught up to him fairly quick.

as he opened the door a wave of heat rushed to my body. and it wasn't heat from the house; it was heat from all the people inside.

my heart felt like it had stopped for a second.

getting nervous about all the kids that were actually at this party.