thirty six

harlee's pov:
ethan's party; 11 pm

just try it, just try it." ethan held the cup out across the couch towards me with an uneven smile across his lips—his face being droopy from his drunk state.

my eyes shifted to javon, hoping that he'd tell me not to drink it, but he looked just as entertained as ethan.

just not drunk.

for the twins to have the reputation and friends they have it's quite shocking to never see them have a drop of alcohol.

an annoyed scoff left my mouth as my eyes rolled, taking the red plastic cup into my hand.

there is not part of me that wants to drink pure vodka. I've been drunk only a couple times and it was years ago.

I wasn't expecting the alcohol offered here to be hard liquor, I thought it would be something more light like beer.

my eyebrows furrowed as my eyes looked into the cup, feeling my taste buds sizzle; knowing this was about to be spicy and disgusting.

I placed the rim of the cup to my lips, tilting the cup backwards a bit as I let the harsh alcohol fall onto my taste buds.

without letting it sit in my mouth for long, I let the drink slip down my throat quickly, trying not to taste it as much as possible.

I took the cup away from my mouth, letting my eyes squint from the burn that was dripping down the side of my throat.

"holy shit." my voice cracked from the heat burning on the inside of my throat. "that was fucking disgusting." I held the cup out towards ethan, making him take it away from me.

ethan shook his head, gently laughing. "you took that like a champ." he assured me, clapping his hands together.

a forced laugh escaped my mouth as I looked back to javon.

he was chuckling under his breath being too focused on his game of beer pong.

he stood at the edge of the counter, focusing on his shot as he threw the white ping pong ball—making it into the center cup.

my eyes looked him up and down a couple of times, finding myself to be extremely attracted to the current outfit that he was wearing.

he had a white beanie over his hair, over his arms he wore a black nike hoodie—putting the hood on over his beanie. he had a pair of black joggers on, and panda dunks covering his feet.

I inhaled a deep breath to contain myself from how good he looked, the smoothest smile being on his face.

my lips rubbed together as I looked back down to the coffee table in front of me. my eyes scattered around all of the different types of alcohol on top of it, feeling my body shiver from the thought of how gross it would taste.

"are you and wanna staying the night?" he questioned, turning his full attention back to me.

I shrugged my shoulders because I didn't know that anyone was staying the night, I was lucky my mom even agreed to let me stay out tonight.