fifty one

harlee's pov:
monday

my eyes stared out the car window, as I held my chin in my hand—thinking about everything.

it's been an entire week, but it feels like it's been months. everyday that goes by feels as if it's going in slow motion, and it's making me think that maybe I'm not strong enough to get through this—or get over him for that matter.

one of my biggest concerns is jaden. he hasn't reached out to me in any sort of way, and it doesn't help that I haven't even seen him in the hallways.

kennedy also said they haven't talked recently because of everything happening, and I feel so guilty for being the root of the problem.

him and I were so close, and in my heart I can feel a piece that feels broken not from javon, but from jaden.

I just want to talk to him face to face, because out of all people, I don't want to lose him.

javon was and still is extremely painful to even fucking think about, adding jaden into the mix would make it a level of pain I don't want to feel.

"you coming?" klai's voice caused all of my attention to be put back into reality.

I lifted my head from my hand, turning to look at her in the drivers seat. I was caught off guard by the fact that I didn't even notice that she had turned off the ignition.

I exhaled a large breath as I replaced my face into the grip of my hand, looking back out of the window. "no." I simply told her.

she placed one of her arms onto the steering wheel, and the other on her seat as she fully turned to look at me. "harlee, you can't hide from school forever."

I turned back to her, leaning my back against the corner of the seat and the door. "I'm not hiding from school." my eyes stayed looking down at my hands as they picked at each other.

"you're hiding from javon?" she spoke in a tone as if it were a question, but we both know that she knows the answer to that.

my hands let go of each other as my eyes rolled, looking out of the front windshields the car. "it's truly humiliating." I complained.

"no," she laughed at me as if I were being completely ridiculous. "he's an ass, and he knows it." her eyes squinted as her tone was feisty. "that's what's humiliating, his entire existence."

"no," I corrected her. "what's humiliating is having to see him in school while he damn well knows I still love him." I admit with full honesty, not even bothering to hide it because everyone knows it's true.

"screw that." she spoke with laughter as her head turned to look out of the front window of the car, a smile spread across her lips.

both of my eyebrows furrowed at her, being confused as to what she was talking about. "huh?"

her eyes looked back to me, "you need to walk in there, and own yourself. show him that he's the one missing out." she spoke in a tone threaded with hype.

she sounds like a kiddie football coach trying to get one of the players to stop crying just because they are down a few points.