fifty eight

harlee's pov:
saturday morning

my eyes lightly fluttered opened, seeing lights shining bright in my eyes. my entire face scrunched from the pain it caused in my head.

my heart began to increase its pace, my chest starting to quickly breathe in and out.

slowly, my eyes started to adjust to the light, allowing my vision to clear up.

"shh." a voice calmed my nerves, the feeling of a warm hand rested over my own hand in attempt to comfort me. "stay calm." her voice was light.

my eyes shifted slowly, seeing my mom sitting on a chair next to the bed I was laying in. "mom?" my voice filled with panic, not understanding what was happening.

her eyes stayed pinned on mine, wanting me to listen to her. "just stay calm, okay?" her other hand covered mine, now holding my hand in both of hers. "I'll go get your nurse."

listening to her words, I looked back up to the ceiling. I swallowed the air stuck in my throat, then exhaled a shaky breath in attempt to calm myself down. "no stay, stay."

I could feel my face get heated as my muscles tightened, like it does before you cry. "why am I hurting so bad." my voice was like a whisper as my eyes shifted back towards her.

her jaw tightened as he looked down, like she was hesitating on which words to use. she looked back up to me, her tongue breaking apart her lips as she licked them nervously. "you were in an accident this morning."

I blinked a couple of times as I let her words process in my head. "what?" both of my eyebrows were narrowed as I looked at the environment around me.

the dull room, the uncomfortable bed sheets, the bright lights. I was in a hospital.

her hand rubbed mine for comfort, trying her best to keep me calm. "we can talk in a little bit, just get some rest." her voice was almost like whisper, like she was getting emotional.

"no." my voice was stern. "please tell me what's going on." my voice was shaky, but direct as a gloss formed in my eyes.

she shook her head she he looked down, both of her hands letting go of mine as stress took over her body.

her eyes stayed looking down at the bed, her tongue licking the inside of her cheek as she thought to herself for a second.

"someone shot you last night baby." her eyes shifted back up to me.

both of my eyebrows stayed sharply narrowed as my lips split apart in a confused manner.

my brain tried to puzzle all of the puzzle pieces together, trying to understand how this was possible, but I couldn't process any of it.

my eyes stayed wide, the feeling of shock was still running through my body. "what is happening mom?" my voice was plain, not having emotion about it yet.

she cleared her throat as she adjusted herself, letting her elbows rest on her knees. "they got your thigh and thankfully the police were called right in time." her voice was on the verge of being weak.

I shook my head slightly, a confused expression taking over my face. "what?" I spoke out of disbelief, not understanding.

her eyebrows lifted up, then down quickly as the corner of her mouth curved upwards. "I'm just so happy you're okay honey." a weak laugh escaped her mouth.