twenty six

harlee's pov:
saturday morning

I slowly fluttered my eyes open, my eyes focusing on javon laying next to me.

his eyes were still shut closed as he peacefully slept.

I felt my heart pierce, at first not remembering how I got to be in the bed with javon.

after a minute or two of thinking the memories from last night started to flow in.

and a sense of relief took over as I remembered javon telling me that this wasn't fake anymore.

last night I couldn't make out much of his room, besides the fact that it was huge. but this morning since there was natural light coming from his window.

the walls were gray, the wooden desk still had papers scattered across it, there were pictures of famous boxers on a few of his walls.

but there was a picture of what seemed to be his family that hung alone on a wall.

who I'm guessing is javon and jaden, sat in two wooden chairs, as a man and woman stood behind each boy.

the man who I assume is their dad had obvious similarities to the boys. his eyes, nose, and even ears looked almost identical to the twins.

I turned my attention back to javon who was still asleep, his deep calm breaths continued despite the sun starting to peak into the room.

I gently grabbed his hand from around my waist, setting it down slowly next to him. trying my hardest not to disturb him.

once I was loose from his hold I slid out of the sheets, making noise that was slightly loud. which caused me to internally cringe.

my bare feet stepped onto the cool hard wood floor that lay underneath the bed. as I started to walk towards the door of his bedroom, grabbing the handle and twisting the door knob.

the house seemed to be almost empty as I walked down the large wooden staircase while attempting to not make a noise.

the familiar scent of eggs entered my nose, soon after my ears picking up on the sizzling noise coming from the kitchen.

fuck.

what if that was their dad.

my heart started to race as thoughts filled my head about meeting javon's dad. I wasn't mentally prepared for that. the nerves filled my stomach the more I thought about it.

slowly, I peaked my head around the corner.

only for my eyes to land on a tired looking jaden standing over the stove.

a sigh of relief left my slightly parted lips as I let my presence in the kitchen become known by walking towards him.

jaden's head glanced at me quickly before turning off the stove, turning to face me completely.

his eyebrows narrowed as a look of confusion was present on his face.

without saying anything, he took a couple of steps toward me before holding out his fist for me to bump.

my cheeks instantly heated up, "it's not like that jaden." I scoffed pushing his hand away from me.

a small chuckle left his mouth and he ran his hand through his hair, "that's what they all say harlee."

"well it wasn't like that this time." my voice was low, yet dominant.

"wow, would you like a gold star harlee?" his voice was sarcastic, as he leant against the marbled island in the center of the kitchen.

"you're an asshole." I mumbled under my breath as I shook my head with annoyance.

"you just made my day." he smiled walking back over to the stove before picking up the pan of scrambled eggs.

"I'm sure it did." I sassed at him, a small smile present on my face.

though I haven't known jaden long, there are some traits about him that I do find amusing.

in a way he's just like me, very very sarcastic, which makes for some good laughs.

"you want some eggs?" he asked, as he reached into a cabinet above the stove pulling out a glass plate.

I shrugged as I walked over to jaden, patting my hand on his shoulder. "no, I'm about to head home anyways."

a small grin made its way on his face as I made my way out of the kitchen and back up the wooden stairs.

walking back down the dimly lit hallway of the twins' house I made my way back to javon's room.

my heart jumped as I twisted the door knob open, revealing a shirtless javon sitting at the desk.

"I didn't know you were still here," he said swiftly picking up a shirt from the floor, and slipping it on over his head.

his voice was still raspy from most likely just waking up.

"I was coming to get my phone." I told him walking back to his bed. my hand reached over to the bedside table, slipping my phone into the pockets of my sweatpants.

taking me off guard, javon's warm hand wrapped around my waist. turning me around to face him.

he stood in front of me, wrapping his other hand around the small of my back.

after a couple of seconds of silence he finally said, "be careful, okay?"

he could do the smallest thing and it would still somehow manage to make my insides go wild.

"okay I will." I told him softly, biting my lower lip trying to hide my excitement.

he leant down to peck my lips slowly, and I immediately felt the heat in my cheeks start to take over.

his hands started to loosen their grip on my hips as I walked past him and to the bedroom door once again.

"call me when you get home." his words made me stop in my tracks as I was twisting the door knob.

"I will." I assured him swinging the door open, before finally walking out.

———————————————————————————
short chapter I know, but I should be updating again soon❤️