fourty six

harlee's pov:
saturday night

we arrived in destin around four o'clock this evening not giving us much time to go to the beach today. so instead we checked into the hotel, went around the town, going into shops, and we ate dinner not too long ago.

I can already feel my skin start to peel from the uv index here, which is much higher than it is in georgia.

seeing the twins' relationship with their dad just these few hours have really opened my eyes. it's like they're three pee's in a pod. they all fight like brothers yet it never seems to phase any of them no matter how into it they get.

we arrived back at the hotel after walking around for most of the day, the ac feeling better than it ever has.

"how would you rate day one?" dj asked me as he tapped the up bottom of the elevator, jaden and javon arguing over who was going to press the button inside the elevator.

"I'd honestly give it a ten out of ten, it was fun getting to see the area." I smiled at him, trying not to look over at javon and jaden who were starting to get loud.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it, but actually going to the beach will be so much better." as he finished his statement the elevator doors opened.

javon and jaden shot past dj and I, pushing each other to try and reach the elevator button.

"wanna get out of the way." jaden's voice rose as he blocked javon from the buttons, pushing his brother with one of his arms.

using all of his force, jaden gave javon one last push before quickly pressing the, '8' button.

"gotcha." he chuckled slyly stuck his tongue out, teasing his brother.

dj spread his hands across the shaft, trying to separate the boys. "that's enough you two, enough" his voice rang through the elevator. "don't act a fool in front of your girlfriend wanna."

javon's eyes shot over to mine before slowly starting to come towards me. his breathing was heavy from his mini fight with jaden, and his grown out hair sat on his forehead.

"tired much?" I questioned, punching his chest lightly in a playful manner.

"very much." he corrected me before taking a deep breath and rolling his eyes at my joke.

I reached into my pocket pulling out my room key as the elevator reached the eighth floor. dj, javon, and jaden's room was right across the hall from my own, so we weren't that far from each other.

but I've never actually stayed in a hotel room by myself.

copying my actions, javon reached into his pocket pulling out a sheet of notebook paper, slipping it into my hands to where no one could see.

"read it once you're in bed." he mumbled in my ear, his warm breath hitting the tip of my ear.

I smiled up at him tightening my grip on the paper and my room key.

"harlee, I'll make sure wanna text you in the morning about the plan." dj announcer breaking the silence as we all stepped off of the elevator. "we kind of just go with the flow nothings really set in place as of now."