thirty five

harlee's pov:
prom

my eyes traveled around the arena the school rented out that was decorated perfectly with for the new york theme. fairy lights hung everywhere, cut out boards of buildings, and pictures of infamous landmarks.

a smile was permanently on my lips as javon held onto my finger tips, guiding me through the room. my eyes admired how everything was set up, taking in the moment.

javon turned his head around, looking back at me over his shoulder. seeing me smiling caused him to smile, then turning back forward.

"what's good wanna," one of our classmates said approaching us, javon slowly letting go of my fingers to greet him.

"what's up man," he answered, carrying out a short conversation with him before turning back to me.

but before he could turn his full attention back to me another person came up to him.

"yo." wanna laughed as he made a 'I'm sorry' face at me, wrapping his arms around the boy greeting him.

"you look like you're having a great time buddy." javon's smile was wide, being amused by his friends obvious drunk state.

the boy unwrapped his arms from around javon, holding up a water bottle that was in his hand. "I'm having a fucking fantastic time thanks to this guy." he pointed to the half filled water bottle that surely wasn't filled with water.

javon lowly laughed at how slurred his words were sounding, and at how ridiculous his actions were.

"I'll see you in a second man." javon chuckled to himself as he told his friend, slowly walking back over to me.

"you sure you don't want to come with me to get more?" a smooth smirk crossed the boys mouth as he tried to sound convincing to javon, lifting his eyebrows upwards.

"naw brandon, I'm driving." wanna told him, speaking loudly over the music-keeping a plain look on his face.

the boy, whose name is brandon I assume, eyebrows furrowed, pursing his lips. "oh come on, just one glass of champagne! the teachers will think it's juice." his voice laced with instigation in order to convince javon.

javon's head turned towards me, letting his fingers slip down to mine.

"you sure you don't want anything?" I shrugged my shoulders questioning him, not wanting him to limit himself. "I'll drive if you want me to."

he simply just nodded his head at me, "I'll go over there and make sure he's not going overboard."

I mouthed 'okay' as he turned back to will with a soft smile as his eyes widened, brandon looking back at us with excitement. "you're the best."

"don't get too excited I'm still not drinking." I could hear javon's voice lightly over the music.

brandon took off with pure excitement, guiding the both of them through the crowd of people.

I laughed a little bit under my breath as I watched them, then turning my attention to klai and kennedy who were standing with the group we entered with.