fourty five

harlee's pov:
saturday

this upcoming week is our schools spring break and it's coming down to that time of year where everyone is just waiting for summer.

a month or two ago javon asked if I could go to destin with jaden, him, and his dad for their spring break trip.

at first I was a bit hesitant about asking my mom, but after she met dj and got to know javon she had no problem with me going.

her only request was that I have my own room at the hotel.

I truly had never seen my mom so lenient until I met javon which is strange, because if anything I expected her to be a little more strict.

"are you sure you're not forgetting anything?" my moms light voice asked as I rolled my suitcase into the living room.

I playfully scoffed under my breath, "yes mom I have everything."

"do you have your toothbrush, bathing suits, panties, hair supplies?" she asked walking over to the front door, opening it for me as I rolled my suitcase.

"yes mom I have everything I promise." I laughed at her questions as she followed me out to my car.

I was supposed to be at the twins house in ten minutes so that we could leave for the trip, because the car ride from atlanta to destin is about five hours.

I have to admit I was beyond excited to be spending time with the twins and their dad over this spring break. it definitely beats sitting in my room all day sleeping.

"okay mom, I need to go." I told her as I shut my trunk door quickly walking over to her.

she glanced at me as if she's taking a mental image of my face to remember me for the next three days.

the only time I haven't traveled with my mom was when I went on a trip with klai, which was only for two days.

my mom and I don't really like to leave each others side, because we're all each other have.

she held out her arms as I trotted over to her before she engulfed me in a hug. squeezing me tighter than I think anyone ever has.

"be careful harlee grey. don't do any stupid shit and if you are doing any activities practice them safely." she mumbled in my ear before slowly slipping her arms away from my body.

"mom stop," I lightly jerked my arm away as I walked over to my car door. the pink tint instantly covering my cheeks.

"call me when you get in the car and settled, and tell dj and the boys I said hello." she smiled as I slid into the drivers seat before closing the car door.

I rolled down my window taking one last look at my mom as she waved her hands at me.

I started to reverse out of the driveway as I waved goodbye to my mother. "bye mom I love you."

"I love you too." her voice echoed as I turned onto the street, looking back at her one last time.

I felt my body become anxious as I exited my neighborhood, heading to the twins house. my expectations are high for this trip, and I hope more than anything that it's even better than what we're all expecting.