Wedding Blues

Her facial features were frozen in place, as she walked into the condo. She didn't even know how she got from the airport back to Massachusetts. Jeff didn't receive her return with happiness. When she walked through the door he picked himself off the couch and walked into his room, slamming the door behind him shut.

Claire greeted Abby with much reverence and compassion, her friend had guts she thought, as she squeezed her tightly in her arms. "Are you all right?"

Abby shook her head not trusting herself to speak. The events that unfolded the last two days weighed heavily on her mind and heart. The regrets were unbearable.

"Jeff didn't take it very well that you went after Steven." Claire admitted, "he is extremely upset and you might want to have a long talk with him to calm him down." When Abby showed no sign of compassion for Jeff, Claire added, "He's a good man Abby, and he loves you very much!"

Tears glided down Abby's beautiful face and Claire sighed, "You can't keep hurting Jeff, make up your mind and stick with your decision, it's not fair to him each time to torture him with your abrupt decisions!"

Abby wiped her tears away with her hands and nodded, "I'll have a talk with him tonight."

"He will suffer until tonight," Claire pointed out, "go to him now!"

Releasing a frustrated sigh, Abby walked into Jeff's bedroom and found him leaning on the frame of the window sill and staring out into the street below.

"Jeff?" Abby said softly, but he didn't answer. "Please Jeff turn around."

"Why." He said in a troubled voice.

"I want to speak to you," she explained, "and I need to look you in the eyes."

Jeff slowly turned around and faced her, but he didn't speak. Lines of grief were etched around his eyes and Abby knew he was suffering.

"I'm sorry." She said simply, as she wrapped her arms around his waist, and rested her face against his muscled chest. "Please forgive me Jeff."

Jeff closed his eyes, loving the feeling of her on him, as he wrapped her in a possessive hold. "Why did you have the need to go to him?"

"I made a mistake."

"Am I not enough for you Abby?" He asked her.

"It's not you, it's me Jeff." She said, "I know I have wronged you, but I am willing to do whatever it takes to win back your trust."

"Then marry me!"

************

"Let me get this straight," Claire held her iPhone straight in front of her face, "Steven got Mary pregnant and now they're engaged?"

"Right."

"But he doesn't love her!" Claire argued.

"And how do you know that?" Anthony asked, "she is beautiful, she loves him and she's carrying his child, I mean, he'd be stupid not to love her back!"

"Steven will always love Abby, I'm sure of it!"

"That may be Claire, however life goes on." Anthony said, "Abby is engaged to be married to Jeff and soon she will have his baby, shouldn't Steven move on with this life too?"

Claire released a harsh sigh, she almost blurted out that Abby had no choice but to marry Jeff under the circumstance, she had to bring this child to this world the right way, with a mother and a father, but instead she clamped her mouth shut and changed the subject.

"Anthony."

"Yes."

"I need you now."

"Undress Claire and Jump in bed."