Heartbroken

A deep ache in the pit of his stomach had surfaced, but Jeff suffered in silence, as he watched Claire on the phone with Steven. With each word that she spoke, it felt like a dagger dipped deeper into his heart. He closed his eyes tightly and begged for mercy, as he waited for her to get off the phone.

When Claire finally ended the call, Jeff pulled the covers back and lifted his huge body in a sitting position. "That was Steven I assume." He said through gritted teeth, hating that man from the depths of his soul.

Claire dropped her face in her hands and wept, and Jeff watched with displeasure. Just what exactly was it that the dog had told her on the phone. Did he threaten her?

"What did he say?" Jeff held his breath until she spoke.

Claire told him everything Steven had said, and Jeff was flabbergasted, "What?"

"She almost died yesterday Jeff, while me and you slept together she was being raped and abused." Claire's guilty voice broke, "we can't let her find out what we have done."

"What?"

"I'm not going to hurt Abby," Claire said adamantly, "I love her and will not be the cause of any more pain done to her or Anthony, he is a kind and loving soul and they both don't deserve to be treated like this!"

Raking his fingers through his thick mane of hair, Jeff tried to comprehend the words that came out of her mouth, but he had trouble agreeing with her.

"No one wants to hurt anyone, but to ignore our feelings for each other and act like they don't exist is worse," Jeff argued, "anything we do will hurt them, if we tell them they will hurt and if we lie to them it's even worse!"

"You are worried about us, but didn't you hear a word I said?" Claire cried, "Abby almost died yesterday!"

"And that's just horrible, but thanks be to God she survived it, and now we are back to the point that life goes on and we can't keep this a secret, it will back fire one day, they will catch us and ..."

Shaking her head aggressively, Claire cried, "No, no, no!" She yelled, "they will never catch us because we will not continue this!"

Fear of losing her consumed Jeff, a desperate need to hold on to her engulfed him and he jumped off the bed and grabbed her. Pulling her into his arms he said hoarsely, "I will never let you go Claire, I love you and am going to marry you and I will not allow anyone to stop me!"

He kissed her brutally, as if he was punishing her for making him suffer, it was so electrifying that Claire didn't even try to push him away, she fell deep into his trap and kissed him back passionately and they both ended up on the bed, naked and making sweet love again.

His movements were hard and demanding, as he thrust inside of her branding her his for life. She clung to him desperately, both of them had tears in their eyes, both of them were torn with life's decisions that could possibly one day rip them apart.

"I love you," Jeff cried hoarsely, as he slammed inside of her roughly over and over again until his muscled body shook violently above hers and he threw his head back and a hoarse masculine moan escaped his lips.

When he lowered his head and looked deep into her eyes, he knew that he would move Heaven and earth should anyone try to take her away from him. She was his life now and he will stake a claim on her to secure their union forever.

"What are we going to do Jeff?" Claire cried, "I'm so confused and scared!"

"Do you love me?" He asked and held his breath for her answer.

"I have always loved you," Claire admitted, "but I love Anthony too!"

Jeff stiffened and pulled himself out of her slowly, and fell onto the bed next to her. He was troubled by her answer and wanted her to clarify her words.