Hurtful Mistakes

Henry Olsteen drove to a cheap motel and parked his car. He had only a few miles to go to reach Massachusetts, but he thought to stay the night in a rented room so he could make his plans.

He wanted to execute his plans to torture Jennifer and Abby in broad daylight so he could stare at them in their face, as he cut them with his knife. He would mark their bodies with so many wounds that no other man would want to touch them ever again. That would teach them both a lesson, one they would never forget before he placed a bullet between their eyes!

He had hired a private detective and received all the information he needed. It gulled him to find out that his wife had already met a man, and a rich one at that! Oh he would pay that bitch back if it was the last thing he did, he thought.

**************

The next day, George and Jennifer were eating their breakfast, they had spent an entire week at the mansion enjoying each others company, they both couldn't get enough of each other.

"I love you." George said simply, unable to tare his eyes away from Jennifer.

"I know." Jennifer answered, and smiled. She was so happy that she couldn't tell if she was dreaming or if her life was real.

"I was thinking we should leave today and drive to Illinois, To get Cucci, if he is still alive."

"George don't say that!" Jennifer was quick to say, "if anything has happened to him I shall never forgive myself!"

"It's not your fault, none of this is your fault Jennifer," George told her, "stop feeling guilty over something you didn't do."

"I left him behind George, I should have had enough sense to bring him with me."

"We will leave today and go get the dog" He told her, "would you like that?"

Jennifer nodded and wiped away a tear, "Yes please, and thank you George, you are so good to me."

************

"I was thinking to go visit my mother today, would you like to come with me Claire?" Abby asked, as she lay the sleeping baby back in its crib and covered it.

"I'm too tired to go anywhere today," Claire admitted, "I was hoping to spend the day just relaxing and recovering from all the school homework I had to do, but if you want I can watch Stephan for you."

"That would be nice, thank you Claire I didn't want to take him out in this cold weather." Abby explained, "I think I will leave in the next hour."

"Shouldn't you call your mom and tell her you're going?"

Abby shook her head, "I want to surprise her."

"You want to surprise who?" Jeff asked, as he followed the girls out of the baby's room and into the sitting room.

"I was thinking of visiting my mom today."

"Good idea, I'll go take a shower and we can leave as soon as you're ready."

"I want to go alone Jeff, I have something to discuss with her in private if you don't mind." She added quickly when she noticed the hurt expression on his face, "I promise you we can go visit her together next time."

"Never mind," Jeff said, I'll stay behind and watch Stephan."

"I have already offered to watch Stephan," Claire smiled, "why don't you go with your friends and watch the football game."

"The only friends I have are you and Abby," Jeff confessed, "I'm a married man now and do not like to go to the bars and watch the games with friends. I'd rather stay home with you and watch the game here!"