Blizzard

The dark clouds swallowed up the sun and it was a very gloomy and windy day day. The forecast was not good. A blizzard was heading towards Jersey and the news caster said things did not look good.

Steven pulled the curtains back and peered outside the window. The gusty winds had picked up and snow flakes were already falling. Great, Steven thought, all I need is to be cooked up in this condo with Mary for the next couple of days!

"School is canceled!" Anthony announced, "looks like we won't be headed to school for the next few days!"

Jacob amd Carol were sitting comfortably on the opposite couch, Carol didn't look too happy. She eyed Mary with contempt, and knew that she had somehow trapped Steven into marriage. She hated Mary and she was going to keep an eye on her, she thought.

"I for one am glad school is canceled, I haven't finished my essay," Jacob announced, "I still need time to rewrite it!"

"I have an exam today," Anthony said, "now I will have more time to study for it!"

Mary didn't like the way Steven was ignoring her and she jumped off the couch and ran towards the bathroom, "I think I'm going to throw up she lied."

When she closed the door to the bathroom she pulled out a tampon from her pocket. She still had a heavy period and was doing her best to hide that fact from Steven, but it was very easy to do so, he hadn't tried to have sex with her anyhow.

When she was done, Mary wrapped the tampon many times over with toilet paper and placed it in the garbage basket all the way down underneath all the other garbage so no one will notice it.

When she walked back to the sitting room and sat herself back down on the couch, Carol had her eyes on her suspiciously, she didn't seem sick, she thought.

Feeling upset that Steven and his friends didn't inquire about her throwing up, Mary wanted to scream out loud her frustration. No one in this room, she thought, gave a fuck about her. Her eyes followed Steven, as he stood at the window all by himself with his back tuned to everyone.

Mary wished she could get into his head and know what he was thinking, he hasn't said one word today and Mary knew that he was thinking of Abby. She needed to think of something fast to get his attention, but she noticed that Carol was on to her and so she kept silent.

"Well we can order in for lunch and dinner," Jacob said, "anyone in the mood for pizza, I'm sure they will deliver even though a storm is coming."

"Order it and I will pick it up." Steven spoke for the very first time today and caught everyone's attention.

Jacob called the pizzeria and when he ended the call he said, "The pizza will be ready for pick up in forty five minutes, you sure you want to go get it in this weather?"

Steven nodded his head, he was going to call Abby just to hear her voice and then hang up. It has been too long since he last heard her beautiful voice, he thought.

*************

"Hello?" Abby said, "hello?" Her heart pounded against her chest, it was Steven she was sure of it. "Please speak to me, let me hear your voice Steven." She begged, quietly not wanting Jeff and Claire to hear her from the other room.

She could hear his breathing and tears flooded her eyes, "I love you Steven." She said, but the line had already gone dead, and Steven did not hear her words.

Curling herself into a fetal position, Abby cried her heart out. I love you, she whispered to herself, and cried some more. It hurt badly and she didn't know how much more of this she could take. The pain was unbearable, she wanted Steven back and she didn't know what to do. She didn't even notice anyone had walked into the room until she found Claire hovering above her.