Two years later

It's been two long years of agony, two long years of tears and regrets for all of them. It wasn't easy for anyone to move on with life, but that's exactly what they all did, they sacrificed for each other, and because they all loved each other, they selflessly all lived in hell.

"Mama!" Stephan called out happily, as his chubby little legs carried him across the sitting room and to his mothers arms.

"He's so adorable!" Claire laughed, as she watched her Godson waddle over to Abby. "Have you decided on a date yet, Stephan should have been baptized already, what are you waiting for?"

Abby didn't know how to respond to that, the fact was that she had kept putting it off in the hopes that one day she would wake up and find herself in bed with Steven and magically she was his wife and they were happy. It was inconceivable to her to baptize Stephan without his real father in attendance on a blessed day like that.

"Maybe I can call the church and set a date for next month," Abby answered, "I've been so busy and it has slipped my mind."

Claire wasn't one to judge, she understood her friend completely. "Can I take him to the ice cream shop for ice cream before he naps?"

Abby nodded, "Yes, but I would like for him to lay down by two o'clock."

"We will be back way before two." Claire chimed, as she reached for Stephan and pulled him into her arms, "I will check his diaper and then leave."

Abby didn't know what she would have done without Claire, she was a God send. "Thank you."

Jeff came into the room and sat next to his wife, "Let's go with them for ice cream." He said, after overhearing Claire and Abby's conversation, and wanting to be around Claire as much as he could, he was looking for a way to have time alone with Claire knowing Abby would not want to go for Ice cream at this hour of the day. 

"I'm very tired Jeff," Abby told him, "but you can go if you like."

"Yes I think I will go," Jeff declared, "its nice and sunny out there and a good day for a walk."

Claire overheard Jeff's words from the next room and her heart skipped a beat. It had been a tough two years for her, living in close proximity with Jeff, when every chance he found to be alone with her, he proclaimed his love for her and begged her to run away with him.

Jumping hurriedly to his feet when Claire came back into the sitting room with Stephan in her arms, he escorted her to the door and waved goodbye to Abby. She smiled at him and wondered how odd it was that Jeff always found time to go out with Claire and the baby but he couldn't find time to spend with her.

The last two years she had noticed that Jeff was always busy doing one thing or another, but couldn't seem to find the time to sit with her and chit chat, there was once a time where he would beg to do just that, and it was not that she cared, but it just seemed very odd to her how he had changed in the last two years.

************+

"Why did you come with?" Claire hissed, as she pushed the buggy forward towards the ice cream shop, "you know it's too dangerous, Abby will start to suspect ..."

Jeff cut her off, "I want to spend time with you without her around!" Jeff admitted, his eyes begging for understanding.

Claire stopped walking and turned to face him, "You're playing a very dangerous game Jeff, one that I don't want to get involved with!"

"You want this just as much as I do," Jeff complained, "so stop trying to act like I'm crazy!"

"I do not want this!" Claire yelled, "I have moved on with life and I'm going to marry Anthony and you better...."