57 | secret

Today's breakfast is quieter than usual

Today's breakfast is quieter than usual. I still find it difficult to control my heart. After what happened last night in the painting room, my cheeks heat up every time I look at Aiden.

While I am fixing my gaze on my plate, I hear Ian say to Aiden, "Your coffee."

Ian puts the cup onto the table and excuses himself.

I'm not ready to think how everyone in this house would react if they knew what happened between me and Aiden. I don't know what they would think of me.

I'm just a girl who's living in this house temporarily because their boss is kind enough to help me out. I'm not supposed to...seduce him, am I? Did I?

But then, I remember that I asked Aiden to paint me naked and I almost choke on my food.

"What time is your class?" Aiden's question makes me look up.

"Um...nine o'clock," I say.

He puts his fork down, finishing his meal and patting his mouth with the napkin.

"I know that your car is fixed, but if you don't feel like driving and need Sam to chauffeur you, just let him know." He sips his coffee.

"Okay," I answer in a small voice, looking down.

I'm sure that I can still drive my car despite how weak my knees feel right now. Aiden made me experience the best feeling ever last night, and every time I think about it, I feel like closing my thighs because of the tingling sensation between them.

Oh, God, what am I thinking about?

My eyes land on Aiden again, only to find a soft smile on the corner of his lips. He stares at me with adoration, and I feel like I'm going to faint.

Please stop staring at me like that. That smile. Gosh, that smile. How could he be so calm?

Aiden checks his watch. "I think I should go now." He stands up from his chair.

While he's walking around the table to approach me, I can't help but notice that his tie is slightly out of place. I stand up too, and when he stops in front of me, I adjust his tie.

To my surprise, Aiden wraps his arm around my waist and tilts my chin up to face him. My heart thumps hard.

"Thank you." He pecks me on the lips, causing a blush to creep on my cheeks.

The sound of something crashing on the floor echoes loudly in the room. I snap my head and find that Ian, who just came back from the kitchen, just dropped a teapot. His eyes are wide as he gawks at us.

Aiden rolls his eyes and mutters, "Get used to it."

Ian's hands shoot to his mouth. He starts wailing. It seems like he's crying out of joy because his laughter erupts between his cries.