97 | finding you

I sit on the bed, traveling my gaze around the room

I sit on the bed, traveling my gaze around the room. I got here as soon as I came back from LA, but it still doesn't change the reality that Nevaeh has left this apartment as well.

The last time Ashton and Ian saw her, she was here. But now, she's nowhere to be found.

As the owner of this building, and after watching the recording from the CCTV cameras placed in the hallways, it didn't take long for me to find out that Nevaeh had dragged her suitcase out of here as soon as Ashton and Ian left her.

Yet, here I am, still stuck in her room, as if I just want to make sure with my own eyes that she's indeed gone.

After what I said to Nevaeh, it's understandable that she wants to be as far away from me as possible. This apartment, which her father purchased for her, is just a few floors down from my penthouse. It's no wonder that she doesn't want to stay here -- Goddammit, I practically told her to stay out of my life.

I just never thought that she wouldn't even tell Ashton or Ian that she was leaving her apartment too.

Now, I don't even know where she is.

I dial her number again, but just like it did before, it disconnects. I toss my phone onto the bed. Fuck.

"I can't reach her." I run my hand through my hair, frustrated. "I think she blocked my number."

And I deserve that. I've hurt her. I've made it clear that it's over between us.

"You think?" Ashton's voice makes me look at him, only to find him staring at me with an eyebrow raised.

His arms are crossed over his chest. I know what he's trying to tell me even though he doesn't say it. 'Ha. Serves you right.'

I swallow. I can't reach Nevaeh, but maybe Ashton, Ian, or Sam can call her. She would answer them, wouldn't she?

Before I can voice my thought, Ashton stops me with his hand up. "Don't even think about it. Do you think that we would just give you the easy way out?" A grin creeps on his lips.

I curse under my breath. This is ridiculous. I have no power over them when it comes to Nevaeh, and to think that I'm the boss here... Fuck.

Whatever. I'm not going to scowl here and give Ashton more satisfaction just by watching me lose my mind from wondering where she is. I'll get her back.

Nevaeh might have gone back to Texas, but I highly doubt it. I know how much she wants to nail her exchange program here, and as far as I remember, it's not finished yet, not until the winter break.

I have a strong feeling that she's still in Seattle. If only I could get to her friends, they might let me know where she is.

Or maybe not.

Dammit.

My jaw tightens. Worry and longing stir inside me. I have to find her soon. I thought that I did what was best for Nevaeh, that I was setting her free from my needs. But now that I'm not blinded by my fear and past anymore, I'm constantly reminded of how much I've hurt her. And it's killing me.