105 | his promise

After the accident that happened yesterday, I wanted to stay with Aiden in the guest room all night, but that would probably cause Dad a stroke, so in the end, I slept in my bedroom

Now that morning has come, I'm texting with Aiden.

Aiden: Morning :)

Aiden: Are you up?

Me: Yup. I woke up an hour ago but didn't want to disturb your sleep

Me: You needed a good rest

I have even washed my face, brushed my teeth, and ended up back on my bed reading a novel.

Me: How is your injury? Do you feel better?

Aiden: Yeah, I'm better

Aiden: I wish I could wake up next to you

I almost giggle.

Me: Me too :)

Me: Coffee? Breakfast together?

Aiden: Of course.

Aiden: Where?

Aiden: Will your father get his gun if I step out of this room and wander around the house?

Now I almost burst into laughter. I know that he's joking.

Me: Don't worry about that.

Me: I'll meet you in the kitchen in five minutes?

Aiden: See you soon :)

I get up from my bed and walk toward my dresser mirror to braid my hair to one side and put on my lip balm. Then I step out of my room and head to the kitchen.

There's no one around as I make my way through the hallway because it's still too early in the morning. The house shouldn't be as crowded as yesterday anyway, since The Coopers and Luna had flown back to New York last night.

I don't have to rush coming back to Seattle because I've finished most of my exams and there are only a few classes left until the end of the semester. As for Aiden, he's taking his time off from work and letting Ashton handle the office.

When I arrive in the kitchen, I smile at the sight of Aiden already sitting at the wooden island table. His back is facing me, so I wrap my arms around his neck from behind, chuckling as I kiss his cheek.

He chuckles too. But then he turns his head around, looking out for anyone coming. "Are your parents still asleep?"

Why is he whispering? Oh God, he's so cute.

"I guess so." Yet, I can't help but whisper too. "Don't worry."

His eyes glint with amusement. "Well then, give me a kiss on the lips?" He's still keeping his voice down.