95 | broken girl

Tears blur my vision while I'm staring out the window of the cab

Tears blur my vision while I'm staring out the window of the cab. I can't stop crying. Even the taxi driver is starting to worry.

I never thought that this day would come. My worst nightmare.

Aiden hates me.

I always feared that he would figure out what happened two years ago, and now that he has found out everything, my whole world crumbles. My heart shatters into a million pieces.

He despises me.

Had I not scared Olivia off two years ago, she wouldn't have left with Roman. I've ruined their wedding.

And now that Aiden has met her again, he must have realized how much he still loves her. And maybe she still does too.

Aiden's feelings for me are nothing compared to her. He must have realized that it was a mistake, that us was a mistake.

I'm the villain who tore them apart even though they loved each other. They still love each other. It's the only reason why he's acting like this. It must have also been the reason why he had a bruise on his lips. Did he fight with Roman?

My chest feels like being sliced over and over again. I never felt this kind of pain before. I feel like dying.

The man I love hurts me, so much I wish I could disappear from this world. Aiden wants me to disappear. He hates me that much. He doesn't want to be with me. He doesn't even want to see me anymore.

My sobs are endless. I can't breathe. Suffocated, I grip my chest, as if it can take away all the pain. But nothing can heal a pain like this. I can't even imagine feeling whole again. This hole in my heart will be permanent.

How can I get rid of a feeling this strong? How can I forget Aiden?

I told Ashton and Ian what happened. They thought that I moved to my apartment downstairs, but I didn't. The moment they left my apartment, I decided to go.

I can't stay there, not when it's still close to him. I need to get away. I don't need to be reminded about everything that happened between us.

My eyes squeeze shut as I bite my lower lip. Another tear falls onto my cheek, and I make no effort to wipe it away. I'm already a mess.

What am I going to do now? Where should I go?

I can't go back to my parents in Texas. With the way I am now, they would be panicking. I'm not ready for their questions. It doesn't help that my exchange program hasn't ended yet. I've already had a big suitcase with me. What would they think of this? That their daughter has bailed from college?

I glance at my watch. It's early morning. I may have to wake my best friends, but it's the only place I can think of right now.

After telling the driver the address of Ash's and Maya's apartment, I try to calm down so that I don't freak them out when I arrive.