Chapter 6

The first thing I heard as I woke up was the tapping of a keyboard. Forcing my eyes open, I noticed Alyssa sitting opposite me, on the edge of the bed. She had her back to me, facing Aidan who sat at his computer. He appeared to be doing work, with a document up on the screen, red lines and blue changes made over the page it was on. I didn't bother stirring or saying anything. The conversation was interesting enough.

"He mentioned a contract?" Alyssa asked.

"For the third time, yes," Aidan replied, exasperated. "I'm assuming it's so he can do certain scenes with me, and it covers what's expected and wanted for both of us? Stuff like that. To our needs. He did a basic run-through before we uh... had sex last night."

"Basically," she confirmed. She leaned back and I could smell her rose perfume all over her body. "There can be more to it, but it does start the conversation. It could also mean you submit to him and only him. Or maybe the power dynamic between you."

"It would all be discussed though," Aidan said simply. He shrugged, focusing on his work.

"Why are you so unconcerned about it?" she asked.

"Because he makes me feel safe and he listens," Aidan answered, sighing.

"What did you even do last night? I saw the toys in the bathroom, I wouldn't expect stuff like that to be there if it was only sex."

"We put on a show for Irene."

"Who the fuck is...?"

"His roommate? Not sure of their dynamic. Not really."

"How...?"

He pointed to the window. Alyssa turned her head to look out. I followed his finger too, noticing that they'd put the bedside table back to its original position. Realisation set in on Alyssa's face that it was my place.

"Your fucking window looks out to his place? Aidan, you don't have a blind."

"I rarely change in the actual room. It's not like either of them would have seen me naked before now." Aidan was getting more frustrated with her questions. Whether it was due to her interrupting his work, or he was tired of answering them, I wasn't sure.

"You didn't tell me what they did to you last night," she reiterated. "The toys. I had to help you to your desk earlier. Is he too big? I only got a glimpse that first night and it looked like it."

"They made me feel good, Allie," Aidan said. "Gabe used the toys on me while Irene told him what to do with them. I gave my consent first. I-..."

"I don't want you using sex as a way to forget or anything, that's the only reason I keep asking," Alyssa said calmly. "And my second question?"

"I don't know."

"You don't know how big he is." She giggled at that but moved on. "You said he listened."

"I had to tap out..." he said softly. I barely heard the words. He sounded upset and disappointed.

"You told him to stop, and he stopped?" she asked. "What about Irene?"

"Yes, he stopped. Immediately. For the second time since we met, Allie. Made sure I was comfortable and removed the toys." Aidan turned around in his chair to look at Alyssa. "Irene pushed Gabe's buttons a little, but she stopped too."

His focus shifted to behind Alyssa. A light blush went over his cheeks.

"O-... Oh, hi..."

Alyssa turned around to look over her shoulder. Her eyes focused on mine but instead of anger, it was calm, almost happy. She leaned in close to me. Her hand was very close to my body as she moved.