Chapter 43

Aidan froze for a moment. We all stood silently, not sure what to do. If we assumed anything, it could end in a mess of anger and argument. We couldn't let Aidan slip back into a nonverbal space where he was scared. Andrew sat up, grunting at the pain he felt, but pushing through it to set his hands on Aidan's cheeks. He made Aidan look at him.

"You're safe," Andrew said. "I'm a dick, but I know when to behave. You're at Gabriel's home, amongst friends. Understand me?"

Aidan nodded slowly.

"I've told him not to fucking call anymore, to the lot of them," Jesse hissed. "He's on hold at the moment. I've changed my number twice."

Aidan's eyes flashed to Jesse. "Give me the phone."

"Aidan," I stepped forward.

"No, no, I won't... I won't do anything like I did..." he looked at Jesse. "Like when we saw each other again. But, first, can someone take Andrew up?"

"I'm not leaving until I hear this," Andrew shook his head. "I'm okay, my drop isn't happening yet. And still looking at you is helping me."

Jesse hesitated a moment before holding out the phone, since no one had bothered to speak up about it or stop Aidan from talking. Aidan turned it on speaker and took the call off hold. We heard background noise and rustling, mostly people yelling at each other to hurry up because they had others to call.

"Fucking, Jesse, hurry up you arsehole," Luke growled into the phone.

"Jesse's unavailable right now," Aidan said calmly.

There was silence on the other end for a moment, then low laughter.

"Is that little Aidan?" Luke chuckled.

Aidan swallowed. "I read your letter."

"Oh, did you now?" Luke laughed. "Then you followed it."

"How do you mean?" Aidan asked, faking his confusion.

"If you have Jesse's phone," Luke said angrily, probably from having to explain. "That means he's in contact with you. What happened? Did you want him to fuck you again?"

"Oh, so what if I did?" Aidan replied. "He was a better fuck than you were anyway."

I kneeled down beside Aidan, setting my hand on his lower back. He put his hand up to make sure I stayed quiet, and I nodded in understanding. Everyone else was too stunned to speak. Jesse followed my movements, kneeling in front of Aidan also.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" Luke yelled.

Aidan recoiled from it, gritting his teeth.

"I'm only speaking the truth, I mean it," Aidan looked at Jesse. "At least he could last longer. And, on a more personal note, somehow I manage to have a bigger dick than you."

Luke growled. Actually growled over the phone.

"Did that upset the little boy?" Aidan asked.

"You know you're the little one here," Luke growled. "Living it up with an old man. You know how old he is? From the information I've received, he'll be a whole forty years tomorrow."

Aidan turned to me, and I swallowed. His eyebrows furrowed together. "I see news travels fast. But his age doesn't matter."

"Do they take turns on you like we did?" Luke asked cruelly.

"Only when I ask nicely," Aidan replied. "Should have been here earlier to see the mess we all made. Made some new friends too... Though, if you were here, I don't think it would have been fun for you."