Chapter 46

I stood beside the stove as I cooked us some lunch. I'd decided on something a little simple, frying up some vegetables and meat together with light spice. I heard the doorbell go off and glanced down at Aidan. He was kneeling beside me, his hands resting on his thighs. He looked up at me with wide eyes when the bell dinged. I could tell he was nervous to go to the door looking like this, but I'm sure he'd be fine.

"Be a good boy and go answer that for me," I chuckled. "I'm sure it's just Alyssa."

He nodded shyly.

"You can walk if you can," I called out to him as he started crawling towards the door.

He lifted himself up the best he could, gripping the dining table to take his first steps forward. When he got used to the feeling, he limped toward the door. I heard it open, but I didn't hear any voices until suddenly-...

"GABE!" Alyssa screamed from the door. "Why the fuck is his face bruised?!"

Oh great...

I could hear her stomping through the door and down the hallway. Aidan limped in behind her, trying to match her strides, his eyes wider now. I calmly turned down the stove heat and twisted around to face her. She came right up to me, and I breathed in deeply.

The only thing that would make this more uncomfortable would be if she either brought up my age or got so close she felt my erection. I hadn't bothered to fix it just yet, I wanted Aidan to eat and rest for a little longer before I used him again. I was going to be rough, and I wanted him to have some strength.

"What did you do?" she asked angrily.

"He didn't do it," Aidan said weakly before dropping to the ground on his knees, getting himself back into his submitting position. "Really, it wasn't, and it was allowed."

Alyssa turned to look at him, her hands going up to gesture to him. A look of disbelief plain across her face. He started playing with the ends of the sleeves, pulling them over his hands.

"What happened?" she asked more calmly.

"Some of my friends came around yesterday," I softly answered. "One of them got a little too physical."

"And you didn't stop it? He's bruised on the face, Gabe," Alyssa said and gestured at him again. "And dear god, why is he wearing all that?"

"...It's my birthday," I muttered. Please, for the love of God, do not ask...

"Oh right, right, see," she gestured between us. "That's the reason I originally came. See I didn't realise the age gap, and now I'm more worried than I should be."

"I'm... going to regret asking," I started. "But how old do you think I am?"

"You're in your forties," Alyssa said way too confidently.

"I mean... I turned forty today," I groaned.

I turned towards the food, quickly mixing it around and turning off the stovetop. I split it between two plates and held one out to Aidan. He quickly stood up and took it, thanking me quietly before sitting up at the dining table.

"That's still a fourteen-year difference," Alyssa said. "What are you doing? Trying to feel young before you get too old?"

"...No," I answered as I took my plate to the table. "I'm sorry I don't have enough food for you too, Alyssa. We were expecting you a little later."

Alyssa took a seat across from me. She looked between me and Aidan, breathing in deeply.

"Backtrack," she grumbled. "Who did that to him?"