Chapter 29

(TW Reminder: I do not encourage Aidan's way of moving on/gaining back power, it is simply to further the story and give Aidan, a fictional character in a fictional world, his power back after trauma.)

Jesse and I were still sitting at the counter looking over the papers and revising what we'd already had written. Aidan had taken away our rubbish and was sifting through the rest of his letters. He'd already thrown out all the ones by the men in jail. After an hour, I felt Aidan cup his hands around my ear and whisper.

"I um... I'm a little horny," he mumbled. "Can I go watch a movie and take care of myself?"

"Why do you need to ask-...?" I stopped myself. His rules. "Yeah, for sure, baby. Go watch a movie then."

He pushed back his chair and leaned up, pecking my cheek before heading toward the lounge room. I turned my attention back to Jesse. He had his arms crossed over his chest and was waiting expectantly.

"Why would he need permission for something?" he asked.

"Because we have a relationship where he likes to ask before doing," I said simply without giving too much away.

"Judging from the kinky room and that interaction, I'd assume like a Dom and Sub kinda deal?" he questioned further.

"Is that really any of your business, Jesse?" I countered as I tapped on the paper. "We're meant to be doing this."

"Sorry," he mumbled. "Ah, so, with this particular section your father's actually going to need to upgrade a section of the warehouse so he doesn't go over the limit..."

"Why do you care what kind of a relationship he's in?" I asked suddenly.

"I'm just curious," he answered, looking up at me again.

"What'd you think of Luke's letter? You came back looking like you just threw up," I asked. Forget the work. I want to know what's going on in his mind.

"I didn't throw up, I almost did," he replied honestly. "Thinking about that night and doing it again, I couldn't. I didn't want him to know. Please tell me he didn't read the rest of the letter?"

"He didn't," I said through gritted teeth.

"But you did?" he asked sadly.

"Yes," I said simply.

"I'm so sorry," he mumbled.

"What'd you think about Aidan's words?" I finally asked.

"Which ones?" he tilted his head.

"About not touching him just yet."

He gulped and averted my gaze. "I won't deny I was interested. But... I don't think it'd ever happen. He's too scared of me and rightfully so."

I leaned back in my chair. "What if he did make a move on you though?"

"Why would he even do that?" he looked up at me quickly. "You two are together."

"An open relationship," I explained. "We communicate with each other if we want to sleep with others. But I am all for sharing at times."

"Would you even trust me with him?" Jesse asked. There was a hint of hope in his voice.

"Wouldn't be up to me," I said. "If Aidan wanted you in the room, that's for him to say."

"We should get back to this," he muttered. "There's only this section left."

"You want to stay for a movie?" I found myself asking. "I'm sure Aidan can get to be more comfortable around you with a movie."

Despite my hatred for him, his words were making me reconsider my position on the matter. And it was never going to be up to me what happened. If Aidan wanted to be friends with him, or hell, even just friendly toward him, then that would be okay. I could live with that. The moment Jesse stepped out of place, I would commit some pretty nasty crimes of my own.