Chapter 23

It took two Disney movies for him to settle back down to reality. I set up the couch so that I could lay down on my back and have him cuddle up on top of me, a blanket wrapped around our bodies, and pillows placed behind me to make it more comfortable. My arms stayed wrapped around him, tracing along his spine and leaving small kisses on his forehead and in his hair.

He seemed exhausted after coming back. My fingers ran through his hair, tangling and playing with it. His eyelids fluttered like he was trying to keep himself awake. I hummed softly, attempting to let him know it was safe to sleep.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled tiredly.

"For what?" I asked.

"Whatever... that was," he answered.

"It's a normal thing to do," I shrugged. "I know how to take care of you when it happens."

"Regression, you said?" he asked. "Like an age-play sort of thing?"

"Not exactly. You mentally regressed from what I could tell," I explained. "There's a difference. Age-play is typically roleplayed, in the form of a Caregiver caring for another who is roleplaying as a Little. Whereas what you went through, was more likely a trauma response where you mentally regressed and wanted to feel safe and be looked after, I think."

"You didn't try anything," he stated.

"Well, age-play isn't always sexualized," I responded softly. He looked down at me curiously. "Like, for a scene, some people may want to roleplay a certain age to take back a traumatic event in their life, while others may simply want to act as specific ages; regardless of whether it's a sexual or non-sexual scene. But, there are often times when the person simply wants to be cared for, told what to do, and given rules. Personally, I will not sexualize something without prior consent and an understanding of what's going on in your mind when it happens. This was... a first for us. And I'm also not into doing something with someone who has regressed, I want to care for them only."

He nodded slowly as he pushed himself up. He was now straddling my lap, rubbing his eyes. I'd put him in one of my hoodies and found a pair of sweatpants for him. I hadn't bothered to get out of what I'd worn earlier but thankfully it was still comfortable enough.

"Tired?" I asked.

"Not exactly," he mumbled. "It was just unexpected."

"You felt safe and nurtured," I replied. My hands rested on his hips, keeping him upright. "It's common for you to feel tired after it."

He smiled down at me. The smile made me do the same. He looked so good like this, so handsome and sweet. His arms went up to stretch, groaning at the feeling of it. I chuckled softly, massaging his hips.

"What do you want to do?" I asked, breathing in. "And uh... I don't want to bring it up, but we have to. What are we going to do about tomorrow?"

"There's no doubt I'll come in with you, I'll just have to... not leave your side, Gabe," he answered in a mumble. "As for right now, food sounds good, more cuddles?"

"How about I take you out for dinner this time? You haven't really had the chance to leave in a while," I suggested.

"Only if they are gone," he groaned, meaning the reporters.

Surely they would have left by now. At least no one had bothered us by knocking at the door or screaming through windows in a while. He slid off my lap and helped me get up from the couch. My hands went around his body, and I brought him close to me. This feeling here was what I wanted to remember forever.

"You don't have to change," I said to him. "I only want you to be comfortable."

"Thank you, baby," he said as he leaned up and kissed me softly. "Where are you taking me?"