Chapter 32

Jesse had left the room with a stunned face but accepted the threat. I told him where my room was and to wear a pair of my jeans or sweats. It was another few minutes before Aidan was comfortable enough to leave the tub and get himself dressed. I helped him out and dried him down carefully, leaving soft kisses over his body. He seemed to relax from this action, and I kind of wished I didn't have to stop. But there was an angry Alyssa left alone with an overly apologetic Jesse.

"Do you think Alyssa will calm down?" Aidan asked quietly.

"Well, we'll find out if Jesse is still alive out there first," I replied before planting a soft kiss on his lips.

Aidan breathed in unsteadily. My hands sat on his hips, and I squeezed. I must have looked just as worried because he set his hands on my cheeks. I felt his thumbs rub in circles and I let out a sigh of relief. His touch could make me melt under any pressure.

He waited for me to also change into something more comfortable before we walked out together. As we reached the kitchen, we could hear both of them talking. Well, Alyssa was still heated, anger spewing from her lips.

"...hurt him, I will kill you," she argued.

"Gabriel already threatened me," Jesse replied.

"What did he say?" she asked curiously.

"That he'd cut out my eyes and feed them to me," Jesse answered with a shrug.

"To be fair," I said as we came around to sit at the counter. "I said that I'd force them down your pretty little throat."

"Yeah, that," Jesse stuttered. "We've been talking. I mentioned what you said, Aidan, about liking the control."

Alyssa sat up straighter and looked at Aidan. "Yeah, what is that? Like, what are you feeling?"

Aidan shrugged. "It just feels good to be able to tell my ex-abuser what to do and they do it without question. It makes me feel in control and powerful. I don't know if that's necessarily a good thing though."

"I enjoy being told what to do," Jesse chimed in, running his hand through his hair. "I mean, I'm... I'm certainly dominant but I can take direction."

"Shoving your tongue down my throat certainly screams dominant," I grumbled. "I wasn't expecting it."

"Oh, I'm sorry," he said quickly.

I shook my head and chuckled. "It was good, it felt good. Just, unexpected and as Aidan will agree, I don't usually... allow that."

"Enough, enough," Alyssa sighed. "I'm not happy about this. I'm not going to lie."

Aidan leaned over and took Alyssa's hand in his. She squeezed his hand and attempted a smile. Her eyes flashed to Jesse and gave him a warning look. Somehow that look was worse than the one she ever gave me.

"Just like Gabriel, I'm going to warn you once and once only," she growled. "I have a bat and many, many other things to hurt you with if Aidan ends up in the hospital again."

"And you live just next door," Jesse added.

"The reporters...?" Alyssa started.

"I looked you both up, I wanted to apologise properly," he explained. "Even if you wouldn't see me, I'd just leave a proper letter, rather than the... bullshit the others did."

"You got letters from the others?" Alyssa flicked her head to Aidan.

Her expression was filled with anger and hatred. Her shoulders heaved as she tried to control herself. Aidan nodded silently. His own body was hunched over as he remembered the words of the others. Vile, disgusting words. Especially from Luke. That man would deserve everything that came to him in prison.