Natasha- Shot

If you didn't know any better, you'd say you have a crush. On who? The one and only, Natasha Romanoff. At first, you passed it off as a simple admiration for her. But you began to think about her constantly whenever she wasn't around. This isn't something an assassin should be daydreaming about while putting a bullet between your targets eyes.

"Agent (L/n)!" Maria Hill shouts, her voice coming from a small communications device in your ear.

You snap out of your thoughts and focus on the task- getting out of a HYDRA base alive. You had been sent in alone, much to Natasha's protest. You two are best friends, only you feel more for her than just friendship.

You quickly dive behind a tank as bullets fly by your face. Squinting your eyes, you try to see the woods ahead. The dark skies should give you some cover.

"I'm going to make a run for it," You whisper, poking your head out to see where the HYDRA agents stood.

"(Y/n)?" You hear Natasha's voice from the ear piece, making you jump. "(Y/n)!"

"I'm here," You murmur, letting out a deep breath and sprint forward. "Kinda busy,"

You hear her sigh. "I though you'd gotten yourself killed,"

You smile, even though she can't see you. "I'm my dead yet," a bullet hits the ground next to your foot, making you gasp and speed up. Almost most there. Just a few more step and you'll be hidden amongst the trees. Safe.

"Be careful," Natasha says.

You chuckle. "I'm fine, Tasha. I made it to the-" your breath is sucked out of your lungs as a bullet pieces your back.

You stumble into the woods, clutching your wound as blood begins to stain your suit.

"(Y/n)!" Natasha whispers shrilly.

Grabbing a tree for support, you stagger on. "I-I'm okay," You say breathlessly.

"I'm coming to get you, hold on (Y/n). You're going to be alright." She rushes out, panic straining her voice.

You cough softly, blood pushing its way up your throat and coating your teeth and lips in red. "Don't bother," You mutter, your legs giving out. You collapse to the group soundlessly.

"If you die, I swear to god (Y/n) I'll kill you." Natasha says harshly, making you laugh.

You gasp for a breath as your lungs struggle to pull in air. "N-Natasha, I have to tell you something,"

"If you're going to confess your undying love for me, you better do it quick." She jokes, her voice hoarse.

"I love you," You close your eyes, a tear trailing down your check. At that moment, your heart stops beating.

"(Y/n), no!" Natasha screams, sniffling and sobbing. "I love you, too."