Bucky Barnes- Parachute

[Sorry for the previous chapter it won't happen again?]

You shove the meeting rooms door open and storm inside, retreating to the farthest corner to lean against and sulk.

The rest of the Avengers pile in, giving you space as they sit down at the large table in the middle of the room.

"Well," Steve says. "I think the mission didn't go so badly."

"Badly?" You snap. "It was horrible. Next time we hire a sniper, get someone who can actually shoot straight."

Looking towards the entrance, you see Bucky in the doorway with his eyes down. You shake your head and stomp up to him and stab a finger onto his chest.

"Get your head in the game, or I am out." You snarl, rushing out of the room with a aura of rage radiating off of you.

"She hates me," Is the first thing Bucky mutters when you leave, not giving the others an opportunity to confirm nor deny his statement as he turns and heads to his room.

The next meeting, you're glaring daggers at Bucky, who keeps his head down tiredly.

"So, everyone clear on the next mission?" Steve asks, and when everyone nods, they file out of the room except for you and Bucky.

"By the way, Winter Solider," You say. "Keep your aim straight,"

He doesn't say anything as you leave the room and nearly bump into Natasha. She smirks.

"I saw you staring at each other, I just wasn't sure if it was sexual tension or murderous rage." She says dryly, and you nearly choke.

"What are you-"

"Definitely sexual tension."

Your ears burn as you push past her, and Bucky smiles when Natasha laughs. "Don't worry, Barnes. She's tough to get along with, but she's worth it. Just give her time,"

Bucky nods, trailing after you and climbs into the jet. Once it's taken off, Steve is going over the mission and for some reason, Bucky's eyes keep wandering towards you cursorily as you take in the information.

But then a stomach churning beeping makes you all look towards the pilot. He's struggling with the wheel, pulling to his chest until something snaps and he flies backwards with the wheel in his hand.

"Oh for the love of-" You rip the wheel from his hands and huff. "Looks like we need to jump ship,"

Steve nods, grabs two parachutes and tosses one to you and Bucky. "You guys get out. I'll land the plane in the water and-"

"Oh no way, Cap. That didn't go too well for you the last time," You leave your parachute and drop into the pilot seat, pushing and turning switches until the bay doors open. "We're all getting out of here-"

"There's only two parachutes," The pilot sweats, gripping his jacket. "We need to pair up,"

"I'll go with the pilot," You say, taking your parachute and stumble when the plane shudders.

"Go with Bucky, I'll take the pilot," When you give Steve a look, he sighs. "We need to even out the weight,"

You frown, shoving him the parachute and buckle into Bucky's parachute. "You better know how to work one of these things,"

He nods, giving Steve a salute before leaping off the plane. You squeeze your eyes shut and refrain from screaming, stretching out your limbs like a sea-star.

"Pull the string!" You shout as you two rapidly approach land. But he doesn't listen and you look up just in time to see him yank on the lever.

You hiss as the parachute ejects, suddenly tugging at your chest. "I hate parachutes!" You whine once you two are gliding through the air.

He nods, shouts back, "As do I!" And continues to steer the parachute until you're landing softly on the shore line. Well, almost the shore line.

"You idiot!" You shriek right before your pulled under water, but you unbuckle yourself to break the surface sputtering for air. He does the same. "You really can't aim, can you-"

Then he's diving at you, dragging you underwater and you elbow him hard in the ribs so he releases you. You meet his eyes through the water and he shakes his head, making a gesture to stay down.

Eventfully you break for air right when a fighter jet flies away.

"(Y/n), Buck!"

You turn to shore to see Steve and the pilot on the sand, dry and not soaking wet. He waves his arms and you two swim to him. "What'd you land in the water for?"

You huff, already shivering as you trudge out of the water. "I don't know, ask him,"

"HYDRA fighter jets. Would've shot at us if they saw us," Bucky says, and you turn in surprise. "I recognized their disguise,"

The corner of your lip turns. "Thanks, Barnes. Maybe you're not so blind after all,"

Steve chuckles and Bucky grins. "I'll take that as a compliment,"

"Good, because that's the only one you'll ever get out of me," You all know it's not true but they nod anyways.