Bucky Barnes- Found You

[Another Bucky oneshot I'm sorry cx]

"Steve?" Steve looks up from his book to where Bucky's leaning against the wall to stare out the window. "Who's (y/n)?"

Steve sighs, closing the book and leans forward. "How do you know that name?"

"She was my friend, wasn't she. Back when I wasn't.."

"Yeah,"

"She's dead, isn't she,"

"I don't know,"

Bucky slowly turns to Steve, his eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

"She fell off the train right before you did,"

Bucky sucks in a breath, shoulders slumping. "So there's a possibility she was taken in by HYDRA,"

"I don't know,"

"What do you know, Steve?" Bucky heads to the door, but Steve blocks his path. "Get out of my-"

"Wait. There may be a way we can find her,"
____

"This better work,"

"It will,"

"What if she doesn't recognize me?"

"We've found her and that's all that matters,"

"But she hasn't aged. That means-"

"Yeah. HYDRA must've taken her in when they took you,"

Bucky grabs Steve's a wrist to stop him from focusing on his tie. "What if she doesn't remember?"

Steve isn't surprised at how much concern is in Bucky's voice. Him and (Y/n) were best friends, sure, but he always had a feeling they'd turn into something more.

"What if she does, huh? Maybe she's the one who's been looking for us the whole time. Looking for you," Steve says, patting Bucky's shoulders and grins. "You look like a million bucks,"

"Shut up," Bucky mutters, slowly facing the mirror and his eyes widen. "Whoa,"

Steve laughs, but stops when Bucky shoots him a glare and goes back to poking at his hair. "Why does this feel so.. stiff?"

"Because I put some gel in it. Now hurry up and get out of here before she's gone,"

Bucky nods, smiles lightly at Steve and leaves without another word.
____

You're in the public library when chills run up your spine and your hand aches to reach for the knife in your boot.

But you can't draw too much attention to yourself or they'll find you. And trust when you say they won't be friendly if you're caught.

"(Y/n)?"

Your throat tightens, and you force yourself to look up and that's when the book in your hands drops to the floor.

Bucky Barnes smiles shyly, eyes filtering down as he picks up the book and hands it to you.

"That is your name, right?"

You nod, biting your lip to hold back the tears. "You're alive?"

He nods, fidgets with his hands until he suddenly swoops forward and embraces you. You don't wait a second to do the same, burying your face against his neck and don't care about the people around you shushing. Because Bucky's found you and that's all that matters.