Steve- Overreact

(Requested by @Marvel_Is_Perfection)

"I cannot believe he would say something like that!" Steve bellows, throwing his hands in the air as he paces in front of you.

"What is it Tony said exactly, Steve?"

He pauses. "Did you not hear what I've been saying? He called Bucky a "brainwashed assassin who knows nothing more than to kill," which is so not true!"

You sigh softly. "Look, Steve, the guy killed his parents. He's bound to hate Bucky at least a little-"

"But Bucky didn't know what he was doing!" Steve's face turns red in anger as he looks at you. "How could you say that? You know he is completely harmless!"

"I'm sure he is," You say calmly. "But try to picture yourself in Tony shoes, then see how you'd feel if-"

"So you're siding with Tony?" He cuts in coldly.

Standing, you move to place your hands on his shoulders, but he scoffs and backs away.

You frown. "I'm not siding with Tony, Steve. I'm just saying that-"

"Bucky's the bad guy. Got it."

You shake your head. "That's not what I'm trying to-!"

"Just get out," He snarls through clenched teeth.

Your eyes widen. "W-What?"

He huffs. "I said, get out!"

Tears pool in your eyes as you back away. "You're taking this way too far,"

Steve nearly jumps out of his skin when the door slams shut. Dread weights heavy on his shoulders, and he nearly cries once he realizes when he's done.

_-_-_-_-_

You've been crashing at the tower ever since you and Steve had had the fight. That was two days ago, and you're in need of a new change of clothes. So, you're headed to yours and Steve's apartment to grab your things and leave.

In the middle of shoving everything of yours into a bag, the front door slams shut and heavy footsteps stomp towards the room.

You nearly scream when you feel arms encircle your frown behind and pull you towards their chest.

"(Y/n), I am so sorry." Steve murmurs. "I over reacted and I realized that the second you walked out the door. Please forgive me?"

You stand frozen, unsure of what to do until you snap back to your senses. "Steve, please let go."

"What?"

"I said, let go."

Slowly, his arms retract and you takes step back, only to turn and pull him into a tight hug.

"Oh thank God," He breaths, stoking your hair with one hand as the other holds you to his chest.